Plant grow lights

Adgbop

So I was at home depot and saw these plant and aquarium bulbs so I thought I would try one. They glow kinda pinkish.. so I'm wondering, does that affect my guys in anyway and are these bulbs even benefiting the plants in my guys cages?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366838591575.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366838591575.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 92
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366838649430.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366838649430.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 113
I'm pretty sure the pink light will be ok for your chams...as long as it turns off with the rest of your lights, and doesn't keep them up at night, it should be ok :)

I'm pretty sure the pink light will be ok for your chams...as long as it turns off with the rest of your lights, and doesn't keep them up at night, it should be ok :)

Yeah they are definitely running on the same timers. Lights out at 7 ;) does anyone else have any experience with these types of bulbs?

I used those lights for a long time before I got my T5 set up from light your reptiles. They were fine and my chams seemed fine with them.

Okay sweet! Just making sure. What's the difference between t8 and t5? Just more lumens?

Yes, the T5 have a smaller diameter, but are able to produce more lumens. I was interested in these as I read about the much higher output of UVb with the T5 high output bulbs.

Yes, the T5 have a smaller diameter, but are able to produce more lumens. I was interested in these as I read about the much higher output of UVb with the T5 high output bulbs.

Okay I see. I've read about a lot of ppl upgrading to these t5 setups and I'm curious to what kinda price range I'm looking at? Cause you say "much higher" output of uvb I'm definitely interested in upgrading to a t5 setup myself

Okay I see. I've read about a lot of ppl upgrading to these t5 setups and I'm curious to what kinda price range I'm looking at? Cause you say "much higher" output of uvb I'm definitely interested in upgrading to a t5 setup myself

Its definitely and investment. They can be more expensive, but the up side is that the bulbs are good for a year rather than only 6 months like the traditional bulbs. You can get a nice set up through our sponsor light your reptiles, but understand that the initial investment is pricey. But in the long run, you get significantly more UVb output and the bulbs need replacing less often.

You can check out prices here. and if you email Todd he is always very happy to help and responsive. He put up with my many questions and emails and was very informative and helped me make a decision that was best for my set up. http://lightyourreptiles.com/

Its definitely and investment. They can be more expensive, but the up side is that the bulbs are good for a year rather than only 6 months like the traditional bulbs. You can get a nice set up through our sponsor light your reptiles, but understand that the initial investment is pricey. But in the long run, you get significantly more UVb output and the bulbs need replacing less often.

You can check out prices here. and if you email Todd he is always very happy to help and responsive. He put up with my many questions and emails and was very informative and helped me make a decision that was best for my set up. http://lightyourreptiles.com/

Thanks for all the help! I'm definitely looking into these for the near future. I love this forum :D so many good ppl and lots of info!

Thanks for all the help! I'm definitely looking into these for the near future. I love this forum :D so many good ppl and lots of info!

Awesome. I got the 24" double fixtures so that I can put an arcadia T5 high output and a grow light in it. I am very happy with it.

Awesome. I got the 24" double fixtures so that I can put an arcadia T5 high output and a grow light in it. I am very happy with it.

yeah, I have one of double T5 fixtures from "lightyourreptiles" as well, although mines the 48" double fixture (running across 2 chameleon enclosures) so I can supply both the 6% arcadia ubv and the 6500k grow lights to both chameleons and all their plants off of 1 light fixture. :D

Back
Top Bottom