Plant grow light safe or not? Questions

....is this a good LED plant light to use for my Cham?
As compared to what? There's virtually NO tech information provided—not even wattage—to make any kind of evaluation or comparison to another product. Caveat Emptor.

Is that sufficient, or should I be closer to 6500k?

I should probably specify that this is for plants only, not a cham's enclosure.
My understanding is it pertains to the hue of the bulb and what it does for the plants... I really am not good at this stuff. I know my plant bulb that I used to run in my quad was a lower k but I don't remember what. It glowed a pinkish hue rather then the white of the 6400k daylight bulbs.

My understanding is it pertains to the hue of the bulb and what it does for the plants... I really am not good at this stuff. I know my plant bulb that I used to run in my quad was a lower k but I don't remember what. It glowed a pinkish hue rather then the white of the 6400k daylight bulbs.
I'll try it out and let you know how it goes ?

it's led so it's 2,050 lumens
Lumens have nothing to do with whether a bulb is LED or not, and vice versa.
The statement
This 6" LED has diodes that emit 2050 lumens and 6,500 kelvin each. This bulb has the red and blue diodes in them which is very important for the longevity of your plants.
also makes no sense to me. If the bulb has both red & blue diodes, they can't each be emitting 6500K. The 6500K is the temperature (color) of the light; red and blue are not the same color temperature. The 6500K they mention is likely the combined temperature, but if either red or blue fail or degrade over time, the temperature of the light will also change.

Also missing is PPF/PPFD data, which tells you something about penetration. Chameleon enclosures are tall, so you need either lights that will penetrate far down into the enclosure, or lights at different levels so the plants closer to the bottom get enough light to thrive. How far above the plants can this light be hung? Many enclosures have 12" between the lights and tops of the plants; PPFD can change considerably over that distance.

Wattage tells you about power consumption. LEDs are lower wattage than most other types of bulbs, but it helps to know for comparison with other LED lights, and lifetime costs.

Speaking of lifetime, is there any lifespan data and/or warranty information?

Just as an example, compare what the light you cited tells you versus the info provided about these LED plant lights*:
https://www.sansiled.com/led-grow-light.html
Click on one or more to get to data & specifications on each light.

* I have several of this brand, but there are many other brands just as good.

Back
Top Bottom