Plant dripper system

Kolinbarnes

Does anyone have any information on recirculating plant dripper systems. I understand waterfalls are bad because of the whole bacteria thing and a recirculating dripper system is basically the same thing just wanted to see if anyone uses them. Something like these pictures.
Screenshot_20190223-183447.png
Screenshot_20190223-183456.png

I don’t and won’t because they are hard to keep clean. Easy to build up bacteria and if a feeder falls in or any stool well that’s gonna be nasty to drink from. As long as you have a drip pan and a misting system you really don’t need one. Have the mister is more natural for them so they can clean their eyes and drink from live plants as they would in the wild.

Okay that's what I was thinking. Thanks for the info
Your welcome. You can get a little dripper too to put on top of the cage set it to a slow drip so it hits live plant leaves beneath it. I have one of these as well as a mistking system because my guy likes it.

Your welcome. You can get a little dripper too to put on top of the cage set it to a slow drip so it hits live plant leaves beneath it. I have one of these as well as a mistking system because my guy likes it.
That's what I have now and he drinks straight from the dripper instead of off leaves. When it's on a slow drip or even a faster drip setting it stops dripping eventually with a full tank of water so I was just looking for alternative drip systems

Yeah that is why I have kept one for mine. Since he was little he has always zapped the drips from the dripper. I am on a ladder at least once a day to adjust it lol.

Does anyone have any information on recirculating plant dripper systems. I understand waterfalls are bad because of the whole bacteria thing and a recirculating dripper system is basically the same thing just wanted to see if anyone uses them. Something like these pictures.View attachment 224172View attachment 224173
I'm the one!

Yes, I have a re circulating dripper system that I made myself.

BUT I change the water EVERY day without fail. It includes basic filtration, has a 5 litre tank and the whole setup is cleaned weekly using the same stuff used for cleaning beer lines in pubs.

I use RO, which as said, is completely changed daily. It goes in with TDS reading of zero. It comes out (after dripping down leaves being caught and re circulating) at a TDS of between 0001 and 0002 ppm.

My tap water is some of the best in the UK at 0066 ppm, the UK average is +0400 ppm.

It's not recommended in general but IF you're prepared to really take the time to look after it, it can be done.

Basically it consists of a 5l reservoir, an adjustable high flow pump, tubing and finally actual 'drips' used in hospitals, to regulate the dripping.

A catcher is used below the last pothos leaf in the drop and it returns to the reservoir through a floss filter that catches any little bits.

IT MUST BE PROPERLY LOOKED AFTER.

Back
Top Bottom