Plant advice

Gracetx

Hey y’all. My names grace and I just picked up my first baby veiled. I haven’t kept a baby before. Theo is about 2 months old. I got my previous cham when he was a year old, so he was relatively big.

with my Theo being so small, I was wondering if I should go ahead and get a ficus or umbrella tree or hold off until he gets bigger to get him one so it’s easier for him to hunt and I can ensure he gets proper food.

Hi. Congrats on your baby! I don’t see any reason not to give him some nice plants from now. It is always a good idea to have a feeding station well within his easy view to know how well he’s eating. I like this one. https://tkchameleons.com/collections/accessories/products/shooting-gallery There isn’t a massive difference between the small and large, and a couple of my adults have the small one with no problems.

Hi. Congrats on your baby! I don’t see any reason not to give him some nice plants from now. It is always a good idea to have a feeding station well within his easy view to know how well he’s eating. I like this one. https://tkchameleons.com/collections/accessories/products/shooting-gallery There isn’t a massive difference between the small and large, and a couple of my adults have the small one with no problems.
Awesome! Thank you! I haven’t kept a baby this small before and thought I’d find a second opinion from someone before I made a decision. What are some of your favorites to put in with a veiled?

I agree, chameleons love to hide, it gives them a sense of safety so get him a ficus or umbrella tree now!
My previous cham loved his umbrella, just haven’t had experience with a baby this small before and was worried he couldn’t find his food, but I now have a solution and plants on the way for him!!

Add LOTS of plants! They grow up in dense foliage in the wild. They’ll easily adapt to our “tiny” environments. Use your branching to create upper, middle, and lower thirds with “highways” in between

as @MissSkittles already mentioned create feeding branches, and also good drinking branches to access your water sources, obviously good basking/UVB areas, branches to hide in the cover at each level of the enclosure, and good pooping areas although usually your Cham will pick these on their own with little consideration to your plans 😂

I think feeding, hydration, and security should guide how you branch and plant the enclosure while allowing them to easily access the entire enclosure as they see fit

Aww! Congrats on the baby chammy! Definitely lots of plants is a good things to do! Providing the baby with good hiding spots, and not feeling vulnerable.

Back
Top Bottom