plans

i have plans to build an outdoor cage in the near future..

is there a reason why your making one?

Theres great deals at LLLReptile.com

Unless you want to actually build one yourself.

-Levi

to make your own your looking at about the same price. do yourself a favor, and just buy one. my experience with screen cage making was awful. of you dont have power tools then avoid at all costs this means a miter saw with metal cutting blade on it, or it will all be wonky IE mine lol

to make your own your looking at about the same price. do yourself a favor, and just buy one. my experience with screen cage making was awful. of you dont have power tools then avoid at all costs this means a miter saw with metal cutting blade on it, or it will all be wonky IE mine lol

I agree, unless you have good tools, and your pretty good handyman. its well worth just buyin it... but cutom made ones do look WAY better.

Plus, if you make it out of wood, the wood bends, atleast mine did :p

The wood got really wet, and i tried drying it, but once the wood got wet, and then dried from the heat in the cage, it got 'Warped' and messed up the door :p

With wood, because you will probally use small pieces like 1x2's they will warp a little even just from the humidity change in the store to your house. they will never seal up like a nice screen cage.

I'm trying to have my father in law build me an enclosure. What would be other more efficient materials then?

Hmm...

I honestly dont know.

Maybe 2 x 4s would work but BIG

Im probably gonna use pinetree 2 x 4 's when i make an outdoor enclosure.

i guess i will just buy one because i don't have useful power tools and thinking about it building one is to much work.

Last edited:
I'm trying to have my father in law build me an enclosure. What would be other more efficient materials then?

Use PVC pipe...its easy to attach, cut, and cheap. Cut the pipe to a cube frame then buy some netting to go over it. You can also use the pvc to rig up some sort of misting system. Very inexpensive...

if you dont have the stuff, just buy one. LLLreptiles.com -- they have cheap vivs! Their largest cage is only a hundred bucks.

that is just AMAZING. I'm looking to build an outdoor enclosure. It doesn't have to be great looking just enough to house him for the very few hot/warm days we get here in England. Could you offer me some advice? Im not really sure where to begin. If you take a look at my thread you will see the sort of thing I want to build but i'm not to sure on how to do the door and hinges.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/want-make-buy-outdoor-22946/

Back
Top Bottom