Placement of new T5 HO light?

Galaxy

So I received the new 24" HO T5 Double Bulb fixture w/ Arcadia 6% and 6.5k Day-light Bulbs today from lightyourreptiles.com.
Everything is spiffy and shiny, but now I'm not sure if I'm just supposed to slap it up on top of the aluminum screen cage like I did with his wimpy 5.0 compact fluorescent?
It's an 18x18x36 cage (and I have arrangements for his 'grownup' cage coming soon) with multiple basking spots throughout varied heights, the closest is around 6"-8" from the top (though he's still trying to clamber around on the ceiling from time to time).
Lots of leafy spots for shade if he desires.
The critter in question is a 6-monthish panther chameleon.

So I received the new 24" HO T5 Double Bulb fixture w/ Arcadia 6% and 6.5k Day-light Bulbs today from lightyourreptiles.com.
Everything is spiffy and shiny, but now I'm not sure if I'm just supposed to slap it up on top of the aluminum screen cage like I did with his wimpy 5.0 compact fluorescent?
It's an 18x18x36 cage (and I have arrangements for his 'grownup' cage coming soon) with multiple basking spots throughout varied heights, the closest is around 6"-8" from the top (though he's still trying to clamber around on the ceiling from time to time).
Lots of leafy spots for shade if he desires.
The critter in question is a 6-monthish panther chameleon.

Hi Galaxy!
I am glad you like.
I do pack them so they arrive in spiffy shape. ;)

For that cage, yes, you can just "plunk" it on top.
I personally would position it either closer to the back, with the dome light positioned to the front of it over a basking spot,
or more towards the back with the dome light positioned to the front if it accordingly to create a basking spot.
Whatever works best.
Since, at this point in time, (until you get the larger 24" cage), the light is 6 inches longer than the cage,
And that will be fine if it over hangs each end 3".

I know your Cham and plants will love the light.
Arcadia rocks out like no other bulb.
Thank you.:D
I appreciate your business at LightYourReptiles.com.

Sincerely,
Todd Goode
Owner / Operator
LightYourReptiles.com
Jungle Dawn® Vivarium LED

Back
Top Bottom