Pit Bull lovers join my facebook group!

Just joined. It was so sad to here about the pit tied and shot to the tree in auburn. I had a American pitbull terrier. They are awesome dogs. And very smart. Little dogs bit more than pits. I've also had to break up a male and feamle boxer at a friends house before. Blood was all over the walls. But they were fine. Beside little cuts.

Yes I know! The most aggressive dog breed in the world is a dachshund, second is the chihuahua, and third is the jack russell terrier.

Wrong, number 1 is a Yorkie. My friend's yorkie is planning to rip my face off. :(

haha it is not a yorkie but they do tend to be nippy. Anyway, the point is that many babied little dogs are more prone to bite than big dogs, and pit bulls have gotten a bad rap because of people who train them to be aggressive or because of bad breeding... it can happen with ANY dog.

haha it is not a yorkie but they do tend to be nippy. Anyway, the point is that many babied little dogs are more prone to bite than big dogs, and pit bulls have gotten a bad rap because of people who train them to be aggressive or because of bad breeding... it can happen with ANY dog.

Yes, BUT, the babied little dogs do far less damage than a pit or other big dog. I'm not anti pit bull, but the statistics don't tell the whole story. I don't think anyone has ever died from a yorkie or chi attack.

True. But Its definitely how you raise them. My pit was beat as a puppy. I got him at five months. He was aggressive. So I took him to obedience school for like 2 months and he turned out to be an awesome dog.

True. But Its definitely how you raise them. My pit was beat as a puppy. I got him at five months. He was aggressive. So I took him to obedience school for like 2 months and he turned out to be an awesome dog.

Exactly.

A small do can actually do A LOT of damage, especially to children. It is not just cosmetic too, the bites can get infected. A pit bull and larger dogs react to how you train. Little dogs are usually not trained, at least the ones at work aren't.

Exactly.

A small do can actually do A LOT of damage, especially to children. It is not just cosmetic too, the bites can get infected. A pit bull and larger dogs react to how you train. Little dogs are usually not trained, at least the ones at work aren't.

*Most* dogs aren't trained. As a trainer for 15 years I find people bring dogs for training after there has been a problem. In an attack a large dog is more likely to do more damage. If a large dog means business it can kill an adult, nevermind a child.

*Most* dogs aren't trained. As a trainer for 15 years I find people bring dogs for training after there has been a problem. In an attack a large dog is more likely to do more damage. If a large dog means business it can kill an adult, nevermind a child.

Yes but in a number of attacks or bites the human was the one who provoked the dog. Many people have no idea that dogs are afraid of us and many things we humans do to greet each other are threatening to a dog. People just need to train their animals, and train them to be good, not fight, and none of this would be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom