Pink spots on eggs

Code

just wondering if anyone has ever seen this before I checked some eggs that have been in for 2 months now and quite a few eggs had this....a little worried the lid dropped water or something cuz it’s red. There was a little bit of condensation build up first few weeks but I wiped it off and has not returned

Attachments

• 3E700F61-B4F5-45D7-B097-27F61477E44C.jpeg
    3E700F61-B4F5-45D7-B097-27F61477E44C.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 152
It "could" be fungus but I'm not sure. Maybe @mattvanillagorilla or @jannb could have a look. They can offer a lot more experience with cham eggs than I can. 99% of my egg experience is with corn snake eggs.

Not sure what you mean by "every other time"?

I have hear of people using foot powder (I think the active ingredient is miconazole) very sparingly on eggs like those. Not sure if it works or not. But it does make sense that it might work. I just do not have any idea how it would affect the chameleon embryo in the egg.

Hope this helps

There’s also nothing I can do eh? They have been incubating for 2 months now so I can’t move them into new containers obviously. Also these 2 clutches are from unrelated WC Nosy Mitsio im working with and I am freaking out a little bit lol need these guys to hatch and prove out!!!

Back
Top Bottom