Pink/Hawaiian ti plant and mulberry branches for chameleon enclosure?

kennaskritters

I know ti plants are on the list of safe plants but it does not say if the pink/Hawaiian variety is safe? Hoping it is since it would add a splash of color to my boys enclosure! I also have lots of mulberry branches. Are those safe to put in his enclosure leaves and all? I would obviously clean them very well.

What species of chameleon do you have? Panthers don't often munch their foliage but veiled are known to. The ti leave plant is a ok I've seen them used in other enclosure and do not know of any toxicity or sap issues personally. I planted several in my yard the color pop is great. Also you can try Croton as they have multi color leaves. Both with require a great deal of light. If you have not consider a led just for plant growth.

For mulberry I am uncertain but I know silkworms love the leaves and is their main diet. Perhaps someone can speak on that with personal experience.

Glad to hear your using live plants and Best of luck keeping the thriving.

What species of chameleon do you have? Panthers don't often munch their foliage but veiled are known to. The ti leave plant is a ok I've seen them used in other enclosure and do not know of any toxicity or sap issues personally. I planted several in my yard the color pop is great. Also you can try Croton as they have multi color leaves. Both with require a great deal of light. If you have not consider a led just for plant growth.

For mulberry I am uncertain but I know silkworms love the leaves and is their main diet. Perhaps someone can speak on that with personal experience.

Glad to hear your using live plants and Best of luck keeping the thriving.
I have a veiled! He is a rescue. He had no plants other than one tiny fake plant in his enclosure when we got him. I prefer to have real plants that they can eat as they please and feel more at home!

The ti plants are toxic, wouldn’t use for a veiled. Mulberry is safe, the leaves are quite nutritious too. They do get a little sappy like ficus, but I wouldn’t worry about it. Use common sense regarding sap, if it can get all over your Cham, then take it out lol.

The ti plants are toxic, wouldn’t use for a veiled. Mulberry is safe, the leaves are quite nutritious too. They do get a little sappy like ficus, but I wouldn’t worry about it. Use common sense regarding sap, if it can get all over your Cham, then take it out lol.
Why is ti plant on the chameleon plant lists then? Is it just the pink ones that are toxic?

Back
Top Bottom