Pictures of Pascal

Rapunzel's Pascal

Avid Member
So here is a couple of pictures of Pascal. Overall the little stinker is doing great, minus he still hasn't eaten on his very own. If I put a worm in his mouth he will eat them. He is still pooping good (about every 2-3 days now).

Attachments

• IMG_20170921_082059258.jpg
    IMG_20170921_082059258.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20170925_084556569.jpg
    IMG_20170925_084556569.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20170921_081437198_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170921_081437198_HDR.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 93
You know, maybe you can break his stubbornness by getting some GBR's or red runners from another member. They can be great for breaking hunger strikes.

He is looking AMAZING!! Im glad he is doing well... except for the whole needing to be feed thing. Maybe he has just decided to be lazy... "hhuuuummm if I don't eat it, I can just sit here and she will keep putting it in my mouth for me" That's what he is thinking LOL! On a serious note though have you checked his tongue for any problems? That was part of Neptune's problem (the cham I rescued then needed to send to @Andee)

Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words.

Chamaniac he is 1 yr and 7 months old.

Scottsquach what is red runners and GBS?

Katacara I haven't actually had his tongue checked, but when I feed him, he is moving it inside his mouth. Do you think I should?

Andee, his bowel movements have been regular. He goes about every 2-3 days. They seem normal.

I did notice today after his morning feeding he was hanging a back leg again, but other than that and his not eating on his own he has seemed to be acting fine. Her is a picture of the leg.

GBR = green banana roaches
Red runners are a red colored roach that moves quick

Both are good to help stubborn chams get back on their feed. They elicit a feeding response.

I thought that is what you meant by the roaches. Well believe it or not, he actually could care less about them. He showed zero interest in them when he was healthy. The only roach he would eat was dubias, but then lost interest in them as well. I even tried fasting him before to see if he would eat them and he wouldn't.

Andee, he hasn't had his actual blood levels checked. Upon x-ray and exam she said his bone density looked great.

Wow he is such a handsome boy!!! I'm jealous!

My veild Peepers moves his tongue around to, it looks like he is licking his lips ready for food right before he strikes. It's so cute! If Pascal is moving it around, but not striking I would check his tongue just to be on the safe side. If he will eat when you put a worm in his mouth he is probably hungry, but not striking for some reason so I would start with the tongue.

You might want to get his blood levels checked. MBD can be caused by a couple of things not just calcium. And then also there could be other joint issues as well that might show up on the blood panel. He also may have low vitamin levels with his tongue issues? Idk but it's always good just to have a blood panel done while they are relatively healthy like this.

No problem, that's what we are here for! I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well at the vet, and that it is just him being stubborn! Or at least it is something that can be easily treated and corrected!!

Keep us posted!

I have been sort of "lurking" haha on the posts of Pascal (he is beautiful by the way), just curious how he is doing? Is he eating better?

Back
Top Bottom