Pictures of my Chameleon!

leela

Hi guys this is my 10 month old female veilded chameleon. do you think she looks ok weight/condition wise?
CIMG0792.jpg CIMG0782.jpg

I like her spots! She might appreciate a live plant (if she doesn't have one; I only saw artificial in the picture).

I do have a live plant but i have just got a few artificial ones so she can climb high i cant find a live one that is strong enough

No she hasnt shown any signs im only a beginner so im reserching all this. Any advice about laying would help me
thanks x

Hi, if I were you I would put a laying bin in now. They can cycle infertile clutchs so it is good to have things ready for her. I couldn't tell from the picture but she could be carrying eggs. A picture taken from the top down and a good side shot would help. I am not a pro but I know how my veileds looked prior to laying, so I may be able to help. I will be happy to try.

She looks good!, and is really pretty. Like Laurie said I would get a laying bin in there. Even if she is not with eggs yet she will be soon.

50 lbs of damp washed play sand in a ten gallon tank works as a perfect laying bin you can use cocofiber mixed in or dirt but i just use washed sand

thanks for the compliments guys. can i just put in a bowl of the sand, would that be ok? do all females lay? will she want to lay if im in and out of the room?

If you are in and out of the room (assuming she can see you) will only stress her out and inhibit her from laying. A bowl will not be enough as she will want to dig and probe fairly deeply and privately.

i cant let her out of her enclosure though so how do i do it if i cant put the bowl in her cage??

If her cage is big enough, try to fit a small wastebasket in there with a small plant and a branch that will allow her to climb in and out of the wastebasket.

Double%20Trash%20Can.jpg

If this is not possible, you could just place her in a wastebasket/trashcan for a day at a time as long as she has lighting and water. This is tricky as the environment in the laying bin will be different! DO NOT place a heat lamp in or on the laying bin as this can fry your little lady.

Also, make sure your laying bin has a nice mixture as is noted in previous posts. If you are eager to learn more... use the search function. KEYWORDS: gravid female, laying, laying bin, digging, coconut fiber, sand...etc

I hope this is helpful and your lady can drop those eggs!

it is thank you my cage isnt really big enough?! but i will use your idea of a waste bin. shall i just hover the lamp over the top??

it is thank you my cage isnt really big enough?! but i will use your idea of a waste bin. shall i just hover the lamp over the top??
I wouldn't place a heat lamp over the laying bin. If there is enough ambient light in the room, that should suffice. If not, try the UVB as it emits less heat.

Back
Top Bottom