Pics from Madacascar

Stunning pictures! Friends of mine and my ex-boyfriend went to Madagascar in 2007 and 2009, I would also love to go some day but the don't accept women :(

I was amazed by the picture with the bridge, how almost impossible it looks to cross that!

Great pictures! We are just starting to plan a trip to South Africa and Madagascar for 2012 and your thread was very helpful.

Great pictures! We are just starting to plan a trip to South Africa and Madagascar for 2012 and your thread was very helpful.

It definetely seems like you find chams a lot easier in Madagascar than in South Africa.
If your hoping to find bradypodions it can be very difficult.
I have only been to 1 place where I can go and be 100% certain that I will see a chameleon, that is a small spot in the Western Cape it runs on the coast for a few kilometers, always see plenty chameleons there, have been all over S.A to find populations of different bradypodions but most searches have been unsuccessful! Will always keep on trying though ;)
Also be very careful in S.A, I have been lucky to find the bradypodions in the cape during daylight hours when its safe, many people will tell you that you will definetely find chams if you search at night with a flashlight, if you are looking for life threatening trouble in S.A do just that ;)

Yeah dont walk around at night!

I found B. transvaalense recently at Graskop also found some B. ventrale in December in the Eastern Cape.

Bradypodion is common in suitable habitat, but finding such a place is the mission, not finding the cham, thats the easy part.

If you are a group of people exploring at night it wont be an issue unless you take a walk through a township by mistake he he.

Otherwise id say you are safe if you not wondering around alone in SA at night :D

Yeah dont walk around at night!

I found B. transvaalense recently at Graskop also found some B. ventrale in December in the Eastern Cape.

Bradypodion is common in suitable habitat, but finding such a place is the mission, not finding the cham, thats the easy part.

Where in Graskop did you look?
The place was weird for me to search in, just full of pancake restaurants and kak like that haha also with a few houses with gardens, didnt know where to look.

Thanks so much for posting those pics. I will never be able to do that travelling, but it was nice taking the "trip" with you :) Your English is just fine, btw.

Im so envious of your trip

I LOVE THESE PANTHER PICTURES!!! gosh real wild panthers just look astonishing... I am so happy I will be having babies from my wild caught female!

Wow! Again, thank you for posting these photos! Was the wound from the centipede? And....what the heck is that bug with the giant jaws at the end?!? :eek:

In the end of January there will maybe come some more pics from Madagascar.

My flight goes on dec. 18th.

Happy Holidays and a happy new year ;)

Enjoy your trip and have a great holiday. Looking forward to seeing new pictures especially Uroplatus species. I enjoyed the last ones. Cant wait until the year I can make it out to Maddy.

Great pics, enjoy your next trip :) I'm going to get to Madagascar at least once before I die, it's been on my list since I was 10 years old..........
Happy holidays :D

Although I thought all your pix were great , the 3rd set / 5th pic is my favorite . Great action shot
sign0005.gif

Back
Top Bottom