Picky eater

Bmjo

Established Member
My cham will only eat crickets nothing else not a hornworm,superworms,wax worms. People keep saying give it time so I’ll leave a worm on his branch and he still won’t eat it

They need awhile to try new things, just gutload the crickets well and leave other things out for them to examine

Just keep whatever your trying to feed him in a small bowl that whatever it is can’t get out and let it sit where he can see them if they start to die or crickets start to eat them let it be the chameleon sees all and will slowly get used to it and should get interested at some point in time just got to have patience.

What kind of chameleon is it? How old? What is the set up you keep him in?

Mine is picky also. Stopped eating crickets switched to roaches worked for a few weeks now he’s back on crickets. Also gets silk worms every other day.

Just keep whatever your trying to feed him in a small bowl that whatever it is can’t get out and let it sit where he can see them if they start to die or crickets start to eat them let it be the chameleon sees all and will slowly get used to it and should get interested at some point in time just got to have patience.

What kind of chameleon is it? How old? What is the set up you keep him in?
Veiled male according to the pet store i got him from he should be about 7 months but I’m not buying that i think he’s about 5

With my panther, I tried superworms for several weeks and he finally snagged one and now they are his 'treat'. It took him almost a YEAR to take hornworms and even still he'll only eat a few a week. As long as he eats crickets and they're gutloaded, you shouldn't have too much to worry about.

Glad to hear he's eating again!! Focus on the positives right now. He'll probably open up to other feeders over time. Maybe try a flying feeder like blue bottle flies or black soldier flies. They drive a lot of chameleons crazy

Glad to hear he's eating again!! Focus on the positives right now. He'll probably open up to other feeders over time. Maybe try a flying feeder like blue bottle flies or black soldier flies. They drive a lot of chameleons crazy
I tried hand feeding and he loves it he will eat anything out of my hands i am so glad i found a way to feed him i put a cricket to his lip and he instantly stuck his toungue out so i did it again and moved it farther back and he shot it right out of my hand I’m having so much fun right now

Yes, no more wax worms. Seems worms are his favorite so he gets silk or supers to go along with his crickets. Hopefully he will like roaches again sometime have a lot left.

He will only eat 2 or 3 crickets at a time swallow and eat 2 or 3 in like 10 minutes is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom