Pickles has passed away

Kris Chams

Chameleon Enthusiast
Over the past week it seemed as if he was getting worse. He was very lethargic, wouldn't eat or drink. I took him to the vet yesterday and she said that he was too far gone to do anything for. My heart broke. She suggested euthanizing him and I scheduled an appointment for 11am this morning.
I woke up this morning & Pickles was unresponsive & barely breathing. I decided to keep him at home and let him pass laying in his favorite spot.
My heart is breaking right now and I cannot stop crying. I wanted to help this baby and yet after only having him in my life for 3 months he has died. I loved him the minute I laid eyes on him and now he is gone. This is so hard to deal with, but I must move on. Lil Squirt needs me to be a great mom to him and take good care of him. I will not let what happened to Pickles, happen to Lil Squirt.
RIP precious baby boy, I will never forget you and I will always love you.

Attachments

• RIP Pickles.1.jpg
    RIP Pickles.1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 116
  • RIP Pickles.2.jpg
    RIP Pickles.2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 111
  • RIP Pickles.3.jpg
    RIP Pickles.3.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 142
  • RIP Pickles.4.jpg
    RIP Pickles.4.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 124
  • RIP Pickles.5.jpg
    RIP Pickles.5.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 114
  • RIP Pickles.6.jpg
    RIP Pickles.6.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 113
Over the past week it seemed as if he was getting worse. He was very lethargic, wouldn't eat or drink. I took him to the vet yesterday and she said that he was too far gone to do anything for. My heart broke. She suggested euthanizing him and I scheduled an appointment for 11am this morning.
I woke up this morning & Pickles was unresponsive & barely breathing. I decided to keep him at home and let him pass laying in his favorite spot.
My heart is breaking right now and I cannot stop crying. I wanted to help this baby and yet after only having him in my life for 3 months he has died. I loved him the minute I laid eyes on him and now he is gone. This is so hard to deal with, but I must move on. Lil Squirt needs me to be a great mom to him and take good care of him. I will not let what happened to Pickles, happen to Lil Squirt.
RIP precious baby boy, I will never forget you and I will always love you.

So sorry you lost him! It never seems to stop hurting when we lose one does It?

I am so very sorry to hear the sad news about Pickle. They sure do get into our hearts fast and leave a big gaping hole when they pass. Know that you did all that you could for him. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Sleep tight sweet little man. ❤️

Sorry for your loss. Any idea on why pickles had trouble? Just asking so that IF it was a husbandry issue, you can get it figured out for lil Squirt. Sorry again and best wishes for your other lil guy.

Sorry for your loss. Any idea on why pickles had trouble? Just asking so that IF it was a husbandry issue, you can get it figured out for lil Squirt. Sorry again and best wishes for your other lil guy.

I had rescued Pickles this past February from a teenager in Washington. He had severe gout & MBD and I thought that I could help him. The only thing I seemed to do, was make him comfortable for a few months until he passed :(. I'm so sad and heartbroken.

You did everything you could for him. I'm sorry for your loss. I have been following pickles story since you originally posted about saving him. You are a great kind of person for doing what you could to make his life better. I hope you find some peace in hearing that.

Awe I am so sorry. I am glad he was loved and cared for in his final days. I am with you and am sick and tired of seeing chameleons suffering from people’s ignorance. There is absolutely NO excuse, ZERO, NONE with all the resources available today on the internet on how to care for them or any animal.

Awe I am so sorry. I am glad he was loved and cared for in his final days. I am with you and am sick and tired of seeing chameleons suffering from people’s ignorance. There is absolutely NO excuse, ZERO, NONE with all the resources available today on the internet on how to care for them or any animal.
Vary true it's disheartening.

He looked so worn out and withered away. I feel really bad for the guy. I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. You did the right thing by letting him go in his favorite spot though, it shows how much you cared.

Well heck, sounds like you did right by him. You were able to make him comfortable in his last few months. Take comfort in that as it's a good thing you did.

Thank you so much for your kind words. My heart is hurting so much right now, I keep looking at the box he is in and wake him up :(. I'm just glad that I was able to comfort him & love him for the 3 months he was in my life. I will never forget his precious little face.

Back
Top Bottom