Photos of the Inside Chameleon Condos With Drainage Pans

Jann,
Always nice to see your great set-ups! Everyone looks happy! I have been wondering how Cooper's been doing. I hope he continues to do well.

Deb

Thank you Deb! Cooper's doing ok. I still give him his meds and feed him and he takes both very willingly. I took him back to the vet last Friday. He had blisters on his front hands that became infected so he's now also on an antibiotic and I have to cleans his hands 2 to 3 times a day with Hibiclens and then apply Silver Sulfadiazine Cream. He wants me to keep the hands dry so I'm doing allot of hand dripping with the dropper to keep him hydrated. He's hanging out in the house with me more and he seems to like that. He goes back for a re-check on the 23rd.

Hm, I may switch to that if I can find it online, I got a huge long uvb light at the moment that I'm a bit annoyed with, accidentally ordered the wrong size.. I also wonder if it would use less electricity.

Thank you for your comment. There use to be a company that made the chameleon condos but they quite making them about 10 years ago. I'm not sure if the MegaRays take less electricity than linear bulbs. You could ask Bob here:http://www.reptileuv.com/why-use-megaray.php

You should post a how to on making these they are awesome! Nice and space saving but very effective and cham friendly. I'm most interested in how you made the light/dripper/case combo

Thank you for your comment. I'll see if my husband will give you some tips on making one.

Thank you Deb! Cooper's doing ok. I still give him his meds and feed him and he takes both very willingly. I took him back to the vet last Friday. He had blisters on his front hands that became infected so he's now also on an antibiotic and I have to cleans his hands 2 to 3 times a day with Hibiclens and then apply Silver Sulfadiazine Cream. He wants me to keep the hands dry so I'm doing allot of hand dripping with the dropper to keep him hydrated. He's hanging out in the house with me more and he seems to like that. He goes back for a re-check on the 23rd.

Thanks for the update, Jann. I can see he is taking up a lot of your time! I'm glad he is enjoying being with you and I'm sending positive thoughts.

Deb

Jann,
I also keep chickens. There's a great site where people either share or sell plans to their homemade coops.
You and your husband should type up very detailed instructions and either share or sell them on here.

I KNOW I'm not the only one who would like to make one......:cool: Hee hee hee.....

Just an idea.....:rolleyes:

They're really amazing, Jann.

Jann,
I also keep chickens. There's a great site where people either share or sell plans to their homemade coops.
You and your husband should type up very detailed instructions and either share or sell them on here.

I KNOW I'm not the only one who would like to make one......:cool: Hee hee hee.....

I'll try to get more detailed photos for you. Maybe when he retires I can get him to make them to sale but I's sure shipping would be very expensive. Back in the days (10 years ago) when a company made them and sold them they were around $200.00 plus shipping. I don't think he'd want to sell instructions but would probably help out with questions when he has the time.

Do you keep the lights on permanently on the condos or do you only turn them on when your chams are roaming and how often do you replace the bulbs? Is it the same rule as with the chameleons UVB light?

Very nice,one of a kind...plus multi purposes...free range,decoration center piece,cleaner air with the plant set up,cant get better than that:)

Do you keep the lights on permanently on the condos or do you only turn them on when your chams are roaming and how often do you replace the bulbs? Is it the same rule as with the chameleons UVB light?

The lights are on a timer but I do unplug them when my chameleons are outside. When weather permits here in South FL they are outside 5 to 6 hours a day. Yes you would replace the UVB bulbs just like you would any other UBV bulb. I have a UV meter and replace them when needed.

Jann,

Here's a bit more I for on how my husband set up the drip tank in the top.

My husband used 2 inch white PVC pipe in the top and four long two inch elbows and the filler pipe at the top is 1 and 1/2 inch PVC pipe. To hold it all up he used long black tie wraps. He had to spray paint the white PVC pipe because he couldn't find black.

I hope this helps.

Jann,

Forget making detailed plans get a patent, get in touch with Dragonstrand, Exoterra, ZooMed, DIY cages, ect ask for small royalty sit back and collect.

First they steal your heart, then they take all your money and then they take over your home.

That's the truth!

Very unique twist on free ranging...I like the idea very much!!

Now if you can get your husband to make me a hanging free range and a large lit up chameleon for Christmas, I'll be set!!

These condos look great! Just wondering, how did your husband happen to attach it to the ceiling? I'm curious as to how much the whole set up weighs, especially with the plant soil.

He used a big hook and screwed it right into a beam. He uses a stud finder to find the beam but he said you can tap the ceiling with a hammer to find the beam. You can hear it tap solid when you tab the beam.

These condos look great! Just wondering, how did your husband happen to attach it to the ceiling? I'm curious as to how much the whole set up weighs, especially with the plant soil.

you can tap the ceiling with a hammer to find the beam. You can hear it tap solid when you tab the beam.
You probably mean one of those rubber hammers, which have large black rubber instead of the steel ended hammers. And maybe place paper or something in between the ceiling and the hammer in case the black rubber marks up the ceiling. Alternatively, there is an tool called 'stud finders' that senses where the beams are. They should be available at most major hardware stores.

I love the idea of these set ups. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any updated pictures of how they are looking now or have they not really changed?

You probably mean one of those rubber hammers, which have large black rubber instead of the steel ended hammers. And maybe place paper or something in between the ceiling and the hammer in case the black rubber marks up the ceiling. Alternatively, there is an tool called 'stud finders' that senses where the beams are. They should be available at most major hardware stores.

I love the idea of these set ups. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any updated pictures of how they are looking now or have they not really changed?

Yes, he uses a stud finder. About the only change is the pothos have grown bigger.

Back
Top Bottom