Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Photo Contest
:D February 2007
:D
view entries

Win A Gift Certificate To: ... you choose :cool:

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places. If they prefer, overseas winners may choose a $40 Amazon gift certificate.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: February 16, 2006
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules. The contest rules have recently been updated.

dates
entry deadline: February 16
voting: February 16 - February 28
contest results will be announced on March 2 2007

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Last edited:
Prize Incentive From Prism Chameleons

Prism Chameleons prize incentive will match the Chameleon Forums prize of $50.00 to the first place winner in this month's photo contest. This means you will be able to receive $100.00 off any purchase made at Prism Chameleons should you choose us as your winning sponsor!

Good luck to all the contestants! :)

The photo entry phase will end in three hours. There are currently a few photos that do not meet all the requirements. These include image size infractions and a photo that was used in a previous contest. These problems need to be fixed within the next few hours.

OMG! These are all absolutely awesome!!! I'm not sure I can pick just one!

OMG I narrowed it to two. This is a toughee!

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is the last day to vote for the February 2007 photo contest. Voting will close at midnight, and the results will be posted tomorrow. The March contest will begin sometime before the weekend.

The Results

The Results​

1st place: Will Hayward
Species: Furcifer pardalis
Common: Panther Chameleon
Sex: female

2nd place: Todnedo
Species: Furcifer Pardalis
Sex: female

3rd place: camaleondelsur
Species: Furcifer pardalis
Sex: male

If you are not familiar with how the contest works, please review the [THREAD=102]contest rules[/THREAD].

open member vote
The top ranked photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 23 => 5 pts (Will Hayward)
photo 13 => 5 pts (Joshua)
photo 23 => 1 pts (Tiki)

judge rankings
We had three judges this month: Heika, chameleon76, and myself. The judges, in no specific order, gave the following rankings:
judge1:
photo 01 => 3 pts (Todnedo)
photo 23 => 2 pts (Will Hayward)
photo 02 => 1 pts (camaleondelsur)

judge2:
photo 01 => 3 pts (Todnedo)
photo 02 => 2 pts (camaleondelsur)
photo 06 => 1 pts (Mikew2006)

judge3:
photo 02 => 3pts (camaleondelsur)
photo 23 => 2pts (Will Hayward)
photo 01 => 1pts (Todnedo)

point totals
photo 23 - Will Hayward: 9 pts
photo 01 - Todnedo: 7 pts
photo 02 - camaleondelsur: 6 pts
photo 13 - Joshua: 5 pts
photo 22 - Tiki: 1 pts
photo 06 - Mikew2006: 1 pt

congratulations to the winners :) :D
medals have been awarded.

Last edited:
Grrrrrrr, panthers, panthers, panthers! :mad:
Congratulations to the winners and to all competitors!
Will,was my favourite. ;)
I like to see new people in the contest, specially from my country. :D
Sorry, but I´m not pleased with judges rating, you´ve killed all my open member votes!!! :(
I´m crying........

It´s judges contest now, look at the votes for the 2nd and 3rd picture. So that prooved to me, that some changes in the system would be nice. Looks like I don´t know how to lose, but that´s not the point.

I´m crying........

;)

Joshua, there are four judges that judge the contest.

1. Judge 1
2. Judge 2
3. Judge 3
4. The community as a whole is teaming up to be one judge.

Whats so illogical about it? It has to be balanced this way so its not a populatirty contest, where people get others to vote for them to win. The runners up were picked buy Three of the four judges.

Well, I have you Veileds picked for win Joshua, and also camaleondelsur's blue panther. It was a great photo.

When tallying the scores I did notice that a 1st place public vote ended up 4th overall. The system might need some improvement. If anyone has a suggestion please post in the photo contest forum. This thread will be moved to the contest archive soon.

All logical, no problem. I´m just a little angry. Give me a few days and all´ll be ok....

Not popularity contest? Look at the points given by 80 members and to the results. I think judges are ok, but I´d rather see more accent to public votes than to three judges. Only my opinion. But this is different thread on different theme. Now it´s the way it is......

kind regards

Must admit I was stuck in indecision between the winning photo and Joshuas. In the end I gave the winning photo my vote but am a little upset Joshuas photo didn't come second. I am now kind of regreting not voting for Joshua as if he had won the public vote then I am sure he wouldn't have come 4th overall. Personally I often don't agree with the judges vote and that is why I don't upset myself by entering the contest anymore.
I can see why Joshua is complaining ...

Congratulations on well deserved wins, Will, Todnedo and camaeleondelsur. All of your pictures were excellent... they were well focused, had beautiful backdrops, and all of the chameleons depicted look to be in excellent condition.

Heika

Thanks for support Chamgirl ;) do not regret voting for Will´s photo, it is really the best. If I remember I voted for him also, maybe if I would vote for myself.......:D

Back
Top Bottom