Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Photo Contest
:D April 2007
:D
view entries

Win A Gift Certificate To: ... you choose :cool:

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places. If they prefer, overseas winners may choose a $40 Amazon gift certificate.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: April 15, 2006
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules. The contest rules have recently been updated.

dates
entry deadline: April 15
voting: April 16 - April 30
contest results will be announced on May 2 2007

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Last edited:
Prize Incentive From Prism Chameleons

Prism Chameleons prize incentive will match the Chameleon Forums prize of $50.00 to the first place winner in this month's photo contest. This means you will be able to receive $100.00 off any purchase made at Prism Chameleons should you choose us as your winning sponsor!

Good luck to all the contestants! :)

Today is the last day to enter the contest and for sponsors to add incentives. Voting will begin Monday evening.

voting has now started :)

This is the second month for the new contest phase that narrows the entry count to 10 finalists. If anyone has any comments on this process, please post them in the thread linked below.
new contest phase

There were a lot of very nice photos this month; choosing 10 was not an easy task. If you entered a photo and did not make the public vote, you are welcome to send me a polite pm or post on the forums. In a couple of days I will remove the entries that did not make the public vote.

i thought i put in a pic for dis

yes, but...

voting has now started :)

This is the second month for the new contest phase that narrows the entry count to 10 finalists. If anyone has any comments on this process, please post them in the thread linked below.
new contest phase

There were a lot of very nice photos this month; choosing 10 was not an easy task. If you entered a photo and did not make the public vote, you are welcome to send me a polite pm or post on the forums. In a couple of days I will remove the entries that did not make the public vote.

Today is the last day to vote in the April contest. The final results will be posted within a couple days.

The Results

The Results​

1st place: Heika
Species: Brookesia superciliaris
Common: Horned Leaf Chameleon
Sex: male

2nd place: PamsChams
Species: Furcifer Pardalis (Ambilobe)
Common: Panther Chameleon

3rd place: Trace
Species: Chamaeleo Trioceros werneri
Common: Werner's Chameleon
name: Mr. Werner

If you are not familiar with how the contest works, please review the [THREAD=102]contest rules[/THREAD].

open member vote
The top ranked photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 8 => 5 pts (PamsChams)
photo 3 => 3 pts (Trace)
photo 6 => 1 pts (Heika)

judge rankings
We had three judges this month: Will Hayward, lele, and Brad Ramsey.
The judges, in no specific order, gave the following rankings:
judge1:
photo 9 => 3 pts (Kazza)
photo 4 => 2 pts (FL Chams)
photo 8 => 1 pts (PamsChams)

judge2:
photo 6 => 3 pts (Heika)
photo 3 => 2 pts (Trace)
photo 0 => 1 pts (Panenko)

judge3:
photo 6 => 3pts (Heika)
photo 7 => 2pts (Chameleon Kingdom)
photo 4 => 1pts (FL Chams)

point totals
photo 6 - Heika: 7 pts
photo 8 - PamsChams: 6 pts
photo 3 - Trace: 5 pts
photo 4 - FL Chams: 3 pts
photo 9 - Kazza: 3 pts
photo 7 - Chameleon Kingdom: 2 pts
photo 0 - Panenko: 1 pt

There were some amazing photos this month. Thanks to everyone who participated. If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the contest, please create a new thread in the photo contest forum.

congratulations to the winners :) :D
medals have been awarded

Last edited:
Wow, I am amazed and flattered! Thanks everyone. That CB male was bred by roo... he is a handsome little fellow!

Back
Top Bottom