phonix worms

danni

these are now avalible in the uk, so have just placed an order for some.

can thses be given daily? if so how many for a 11 week old veiled

I bought some of these last year for Lily. She enjoyed them to start with then just ignored them. They are very small - about the size of a mealworm pupa. They have good calcium levels compared to other feeders. I think they can be used as a staple, but it's always better to offer a variety of different feeders anyway so they don't get bored! As they are so small, I think that a cham of Monty's age would enjoy them! Also the darker they are the older they are and those ones have a higher level of calcium than the lighter ones, so try to feed those off first. Hope this helps - oh, and the substrate that mine came in smelt horrible - like tobacco! :D

ha ha , i strangly like the smell of tabacco - i cant stand the smell of smoke & if people are smoking around me, then i feel sick - may be i'm just odd!!!!

i'm sure monty will love them , he loves a good old wax worm, so he may think its them!!!!

he's strting to get his yllow strips!!!!!

I got a cup of mediums without realizing how small they were. My 6 month old veiled just kind of ignored them but my gecko loves them.

I know that geckos go CRAZY for phoenix worms... but everyone I've spoken to about feeding them to chams has said they ignore them or only eat a few. Apparently, even the large size isn't big enough to appear as good food to them.

Well, I'll see if my guy will eat them occasionally since I'll have some around for my BTS.

I dont think they can be used as a staple, there is a bone disorder that can occur with too much calcium, when i was younger i had a frilled dragon that only ate phoenix worms, and after a year or so his back legs became stiff and he couldnt walk, then it led to his death.

Back
Top Bottom