Phoenix Worms

lizzietheveiled

I'm thinking about buying Phoenix Worms for my chameleon. I know they have the 2:1 ratio so there wouldn't be any need to dust them. I've never had them so I have no idea how to take care of the worms. How would I teach my chameleon to eat them? He doesn't eat out of a cup and has never had worms before. Help? :confused:

you dont need to care for them, just keep them in a cool spot (not in the fridge). Try using the lid of the container they come in, plop a dozen or so on it and put it in the cage; that should prevent them from crawling away

if your cham is too big, or theyre too small, he may not be interested in eating them. They wiggle a lot though, so it should elicit some sort of feeding response

55-60 degrees will give you the longest shelf life, about 3 weeks if they are fresh from Phoenixworms.com.
If you buy from anyone else, they will have less life.

If your cham doesn't like the worms let them turn into flies. My veiled LOVES the flies as does my bearded dragon. :D

Okay. I would love to try worms for hin. I put a super worm in front of him one time when he was younger and he puffed up huge and moved away from it LOL so maybe these are smaller itll be better. Monster is about 5 1/2 inches. How big do you think the worms should be?

Back
Top Bottom