Phoenix Worms Too Small

GregJD

Established Member
I just ordered some BSL and they're way too small.

I read they really stink if you feed them. So I really don't know what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I just ordered some BSL and they're way too small.

I read they really stink if you feed them. So I really don't know what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
yep I have fed them, seems like it basically amplifies the scent of whatever you feed them. so don’t feed them anything too stinky! Lol

Keep them outside and it’ll be fine. As long as you have a lid that you can put on the container you have them in, and you only open the container outside!!

How big is your Cham? Mine seems to take even the smaller ones, but he’s only 6 months old and not test full grown

I ordered “larges” from site sponsor Calcigrubs For the first time this week. They are significantly larger than the large Phoenix worms I’ve ordered previously. Worth a look at them too

This ^^^.
I keep mine in a wine fridge
IDK anything about wine fridges (don't drink).

Some sources say the fridge door is OK because they're not as cold as the fridge. Well, that depends on your setting and how new (or well-insulated) your fridge is, how often the door is opened, etc. I found even the door to be too cold, so I put them on the basement floor, which was—coincidentally—exactly 55F, but even that killed some off. A few inches off the floor seemed better. Also depends on where you live.

IDK anything about wine fridges (don't drink).

Some sources say the fridge door is OK because they're not as cold as the fridge. Well, that depends on your setting and how new (or well-insulated) your fridge is, how often the door is opened, etc. I found even the door to be too cold, so I put them on the basement floor, which was—coincidentally—exactly 55F, but even that killed some off. A few inches off the floor seemed better. Also depends on where you live.
My wine fridge is set to 55 as well

I try to house my wine friends in the proper environment just like my Cham ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom