phoenix worms pupating

whysoez420

can someone please shed light on these stupid things.
i buy medium size and of course some are already blackening.
but some are black and moving some are black and not.
others are big black and moving, others are smaller black and not moving ect.
how the heck can you tell if they are actually close to turning into a fly?
my cham still eats all of them no problem i just want to know for personal reasons. any help is appreciated.

All I know is that they are readily taken as prey items when they have turned into flies. Im not sure how much the nutritional value has changed after they have pupated, but they do work as a good appetite stimulator when the occasional hunger strike ensues.

Black solider flys are very non typical when it comes to there maggot form. They do not work on a certain timeline. In other words when they turn black it does not mean they are going to turn into a fly in X numbers of days. I've had some turn black and then take 3 weeks to transform into a fly. I've had others never turn and some turn in a week. They seem to have control of when they turn and it has to do with the conditions they are living in. Hope this helps!

Black solider flys are very non typical when it comes to there maggot form. They do not work on a certain timeline. In other words when they turn black it does not mean they are going to turn into a fly in X numbers of days. I've had some turn black and then take 3 weeks to transform into a fly. I've had others never turn and some turn in a week. They seem to have control of when they turn and it has to do with the conditions they are living in. Hope this helps!

Ah it did help. Thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom