Phoenix Worms Care?

Soldier Fly Maggots; re:Calci worms Phoenix worms basics.

1) At 55-60 degrees the larvae keep the longest.

2) If you have baby chameleons Buy the smalls, If you have juvi or full size chameleons, buy the medium not the large; they will stay larvae about 1 week longer than larges.

3) If you keep them at 70 degrees and higher, pupation begins quickly.

4) You can feed the flies off; open the container in the cage where mist won't get in it and you have a hatching cup.

5) Consider these as a Calcium natural supplement. Keep them available during feeding times.

6) Buy from Phoenix worms.com if you are doing an internet order. If you buy at a pet store, open them up and make sure they are all white, which means they haven't started pupating.

Most people don't gut load them because they have so much calcium but you can it just gets nasty. Plus if you gutload they become much bigger and are therefore more filling and more nutritious. Depending on how many you have you can put about 50 in a coffee can and then put any normal gutload fruits and vegetables and they will devour them. Nasty part comes in digging them out of the rotting fruits and veggies. See my pic for an idea, these are in my 5 gallon composter where I breed them.
phoenix1.jpg

Most people don't gut load them because they have so much calcium but you can it just gets nasty. Plus if you gutload they become much bigger and are therefore more filling and more nutritious. Depending on how many you have you can put about 50 in a coffee can and then put any normal gutload fruits and vegetables and they will devour them. Nasty part comes in digging them out of the rotting fruits and veggies. See my pic for an idea, these are in my 5 gallon composter where I breed them.
phoenix1.jpg

Thanks for the excellent info I think in going to order a small batch.

Back
Top Bottom