phoenix worm shelf life

whysoez420

How long do phoenix worms on average stay good for? I just got 150 small ones just wondering how long they will last and what I can do to prolong their life. I feed my cham 3 a day

i have found that you will get around 3 weeks before they start to change, but it is not all at once. Three is not many, can you feed more, they are a great feeder for the day.

i have found that you will get around 3 weeks before they start to change, but it is not all at once. Three is not many, can you feed more, they are a great feeder for the day.

I can feed more but I feed crickets as well.
And by change do you mean pupate to turn into flys?

Mine seem to last about 6 weeks inside in the AC , once they turn to pupae I sprinkle them on the top of the plant pots so when they turn to flys .. instant snacks

You can feed more for sure. I feed my 1-3 month old Panther Chams about 10-12 medium Phoenix worms a day each, in addition to crickets and fruitflies.

As far as how long they store. Depends on what stage they are at. Some places sell "small, medium, large".. Obviously the larger ones will turn to flies faster then the smaller ones, i've had small last for up to a month in a cool spot.. But you can also feed the flies, its great for active hunting.

PS: careful with the bedding, most places used some sort of sawdust. I've always been concerned with the possible impaction risk.

I can feed more but I feed crickets as well.
And by change do you mean pupate to turn into flys?

to mirror Jons comments below, I feed my Dwarf Jacksons 10-12 on the days they eat them, other days use the crickets, etc.....

putting the pupated ones at base of plants is a great idea.

If you keep them cool they last longer maybe 3 to 4 weeks. I keep mine in a wine cooler set at 65 degrees. You could feed him a couple more a day or every other day.

Back
Top Bottom