Phidippus Regius (Regal Jumping Spiders)

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
Does anyone on here keep these? I have never been interested in spiders (In fact I've never been a fan AT ALL) until I saw photos of a female on Facebook group.

God that is so weird, the last site I was looking at was to find them, I am seriously arachnophobic, I have been all my life but these spiders are just too cute and amazing eyes, just love them, onlinereptileshop had them for sale but I couldn't order because Christmas was in the way with postage being tricky, I found a woman on rfuk selling them earlier last year, she handles them regularly and says they are very tame and enjoy walking on her hands, I'll find her email and send it, I really really want to get these, I have another site I found and it was very informative. If you find any let me know, today is the south arachnid society do at Ashford, really wanted to go and get me some of these, next year- said that last year!

I was curious, so I Googled them. So gross :D Sorry to say but they still look like a spider to me, though I did see a little play house set up for one in its enclosure which was pretty neat. Good luck to you both if you get them, I just can't make that jump (pun intended!)

It's really old, I can't even look at a photo of a spider without feeling ill :eek:but I don't like the legs on them, I literally nearly crashed one day as one was in the car, no thought of safety for me or others I'm ashamed to say, it was an immediate reaction that came before that,
that's why these are o.k, short legs and bags of character too, I've been watching YouTube and they are so sweet when they clean their eyes with the furry little mitten hands, they will turn and look at things too and check stuff out. :love:

God that is so weird, the last site I was looking at was to find them, I am seriously arachnophobic, I have been all my life but these spiders are just too cute and amazing eyes, just love them, onlinereptileshop had them for sale but I couldn't order because Christmas was in the way with postage being tricky, I found a woman on rfuk selling them earlier last year, she handles them regularly and says they are very tame and enjoy walking on her hands, I'll find her email and send it, I really really want to get these, I have another site I found and it was very informative. If you find any let me know, today is the south arachnid society do at Ashford, really wanted to go and get me some of these, next year- said that last year!
I'm not completely phobic, but I do hate those fat horrid spiders that come into the house in Autumn. My Mum is an arachnophobe,and even she thinks they are cute! I think it's because all you see is two big black eyes. Not sure how I'd react to have one on me though. I would have to have a female, since that's the sex that made me change how I feel about spiders.

It's really old, I can't even look at a photo of a spider without feeling ill :eek:but I don't like the legs on them, I literally nearly crashed one day as one was in the car, no thought of safety for me or others I'm ashamed to say, it was an immediate reaction that came before that,
that's why these are o.k, short legs and bags of character too, I've been watching YouTube and they are so sweet when they clean their eyes with the furry little mitten hands, they will turn and look at things too and check stuff out. :love:
I also hate those crane flies (daddly long legs) - had one of those int eh car with me one year and don't know how I got home without crashing! These cute furry spiders are cute when they look around, but not when a mantis does the same thing, lol. Proper creeps me out.

We have black and white jumping spiders here, where I live. Not sure what their scientific name, but I've always thought they were cute. They remind me of little cats, lol. I think their fuzzy bodies and huge eyes are adorable. .

Daddy long legs are the only spiders that don't bother me in the least. However, here in Florida we have wolf spiders - here is your caution note - if you hate spiders, do NOT Google Image them. They get HUGE, and they keep their babies on their backs, so you have to spray them with bug spray to kill ALL of them. If you just stomp on the spider then the babies will scatter and you will have to burn your house to the ground and start over. :D

I am now at a stage where I don't faint if I see a house spider- the ones I can't deal with are these tiny bodied ones but with really long legs- and do take days and weeks to get over the shock- they swirl around as a defence- dont know if they are the u.k equivalent to Daddy long legs- ughh- feeling sick!:eek:

:cautious:as a weird side note I have just ordered three little baby Phiddipus- should be here this week- I must be mad- I dont like spiders and I've just ordered some AND... they jump- Hooray!

I am now at a stage where I don't faint if I see a house spider- the ones I can't deal with are these tiny bodied ones but with really long legs- and do take days and weeks to get over the shock- they swirl around as a defence- dont know if they are the u.k equivalent to Daddy long legs- ughh- feeling sick!:eek:

:cautious:as a weird side note I have just ordered three little baby Phiddipus- should be here this week- I must be mad- I dont like spiders and I've just ordered some AND... they jump- Hooray!

No way?! You ordered some?! Where from? My local shop had one in for about £20 but she locked herself away in a web so they think she's laying eggs. She was also a bit skitty so I passed on her, lol! When will they arrive? Please post some photos when you get them! What gender ration did you get or is it just 3 unsexed babies?

Hi Tiff, I ordered them from Virginia Cheeseman- weirdly enough I used to order from her when I was at school in the late 80's and she's still going! They arrive tomorrow and three exoterra nano houses are ready for them, I got 3 juvs- unsexed - £24 for 3,they now have sold out sadly but she still has medium sexed £10 and £10 postage :( but o.k if you order other stuff i guess- bit steep though and adult- I emailed the person selling on rfuk but they never replied, Virginia is top of her game and sells good stuff, so I can't wait. I'll post pics of them when they arrive, if the other person does ever reply i'll send on the info- cheaper but i'm sure Virginia will stock them as 3's again soon.
I'd ummed and ahhed for ages about getting them and after seeing V.C had them so I thought let's do it (y)

:( If I got a tiny weeny pair of scissors and cut an unusually small fruit fly in half that is the size of my spiders! Theyve just arrived- I didnt realise they'd be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo small- I made them lovely pretty houses and they are so small they'll get through the mesh so they are in polycups Grr! I can see them poking about so all alive just not quite what I hoped for- :unsure:
Oh well, They'll have to grow into their vivs- long way to go!o_O:cautious:

Here you are Tiff- Thought this would make you laugh- one of us should! :D:ROFLMAO:
I've just fed them and everyone has eaten- a fruit fly- the equivalent size of a cow to us- they managed no probs.
See the grain of rice- then the little black thing- that's a sling eating a fruit fly!

o_O:eek::ROFLMAO::D Haha! OMG! They are super tiny! I think I would want something at least big enough to sex. Those are ridiculously small! When you said exo terras I thought you were being a little optimistic! Please keep me posted with their progress.

Well I had set up nanos which are 8x8x12" as they say they do appreciate room to hop around, but yes I had imagined something a bit bigger too, hopefully they will moult soon, quite often an insect kept dark-ie posted- shed very soon after. God knows how big the ' medium 'that are for sale are? a full grain of rice maybe. ;)

Thank you for this entire thread! I needed a good laugh today, and this did it :D! Those are some tiny little spiders :LOL:. They will still be cute though. I absolutely love jumping spiders and can't wait to watch them grow up here!!!

Back
Top Bottom