PG-13; is my boy just growing into a man????

Arpretty

Avid Member
Hi! Doing a check in on my boy Nikko.

He is just shy of 6 months. Basically right around the time he hit 5 months, I noticed a major shift in his behavior. Okay so, dropping sperm plugs, tail base has enlarged, and he has been climbing around his cage more. Now, he wants to get out of his cage. When he gets out, it isn't just like "ahhh, ok I'm out" and sitting there; oh no - he is roaming around the living room, climbing everything he can.

His appetite has decreased, though he's definitely still eating, drinking, and pooping regularly. But, I wonder if his focus has shifted to finding a mate?

If anything has changed since my first husbandry review for him, it's only been improvements. SO I am just verifying...is this typical teenage panther behavior?

That's a little young for panthers, but I wouldn't rule it out.

around 8 months old

Male panther chameleons are able to mate at around 8 months old when they measure 10 to 12 inches long. Females may also mate at this age, but waiting until they are at least a year old, when they measure between 14 and 18 inches long, is best for their reproductive health. Feb 7, 2014

Breeding Panther Chameleons - Reptiles Magazine​

https://www.reptilesmagazine.com › breeding-panther-cha...

Such a mystery! Perhaps you can relate to the whole becoming a man thing tho:LOL:
Lmao Lol GIF by Originals

Back
Top Bottom