Pets-Mart barely feeds its chameleons

ChamMan15

so i went to pets mart recently to get more feeders, i got 60 crix like usual then the employee who was bagging them asked me "what are you getting them for". i said "im getting them for my 4 month old chameleon, Firnen". then he asked me "why are you getting so much? dont you think that most of the crix will die or just get to big before you feed them to firnen?". i replied "no i feed firnen about 5 to 7 crix a day with about 2 to 3 mealworms and every other day a superworm. then the employee said "wow he must be a fat chameleon, (he is very healthy, not fat at all) your feeding him alot, thats about how much we feed the chameleons here in a week". before i left i took a look at the chameleons and they were so thin, just thinking about how starving they must be made me want to take them home and feed them all of the crix that i had just purchased.

our petsmart has a little girl veiled wh has some eye issues going on...ive complained for 3 weeks and they keep saying we should get her to the vet..i complain every time i go in buts all the same.ive even complained to the manager and he says he doesnt know enough about them that she looks fine to him.i sad look in the other cage at that chameleon eyes they are not the same.but of course the think they have 2 females and one clearly has spurs and is male

i know that the stores try to save money by feeding the animals a little less while they are in their care but sometimes they just take it too far. and then again sometimes its just ignorance of the store and they just dont know how much to feed.

i know that the stores try to save money by feeding the animals a little less while they are in their care but sometimes they just take it too far. and then again sometimes its just ignorance of the store and they just dont know how much to feed.

My boyfriend and I went yesterday to PetCo yesterday for crickets and they had 2 male panthers for sale. There was 2 branches and some very hard plastic leaves with them. Their humidity was at 16% and the temp was 90. I asked the woman how old they were and how long they've had them. She told me that she wasn't sure on the age but that they had been there for 3 months already. She told me that the chameleons usually die before someone buys them because they are too hard to keep alive when they are young. This broke my heart.

My boyfriend and I went yesterday to PetCo yesterday for crickets and they had 2 male panthers for sale. There was 2 branches and some very hard plastic leaves with them. Their humidity was at 16% and the temp was 90. I asked the woman how old they were and how long they've had them. She told me that she wasn't sure on the age but that they had been there for 3 months already. She told me that the chameleons usually die before someone buys them because they are too hard to keep alive when they are young. This broke my heart.

OMG thats horrible :(

Back
Top Bottom