Petrie isnt happy

PetrietheVeiled

I recently moved back to college and brought my veiled Petrie, back home people would come look at him, mist him, and feed him, nut not ever handle him because he tries to hide or get away when hands are in his cage. In my new room people will be will be around a lot more frequently. How is the best way to get him adjusted to being around more people? Uncomfortable

If you are worried about lots of people coming to look at him you need to control that. It is your Cham and it is your room. If you don't you will have a very stressed Cham and stress can kill.

Best bet is to put him near a non drafty/hot window and sheet inbetween the cage and the high traffic area. Chams dont like alot of people walking around. As long as the cham doesnt see anyone you are fine, they dont really care about loud noises and people clogging about.

another question

I have my own room, but I found a better spot that is higher up and keeps his eye level above people. But i do have another question; will he be able to sleep if i turn his lights but have my room light on?

I have my own room, but I found a better spot that is higher up and keeps his eye level above people. But i do have another question; will he be able to sleep if i turn his lights but have my room light on?

Guess you just need to tell people to stay out of your room and quit bothering the cham!

No, he will not. The lightest bit of light in the room will wake them. You can cover the cage with a sheet or something, that'll fix your problem.

Id keep him in your room, regardless. And turn all the lights off when he's trying to sleep (or cover the cage)

You don't necessarily have to shut all the lights off. I use to have my panthers free range in my living room. He was provided with multiple plants and shady areas within them. Granted there are no ceiling lights in my living room he slept perfectly fine with 3 lamps an aquarium light and the tv on. As long as you don't go with a bright ceiling light or very close lamp you should be fine. Mine would sleep like a baby.

Back
Top Bottom