Pet Valu Crickets

YoshiBabyDragon

Hi, has anyone here bought crickets from Pet Valu here? I bought a nice batch from a reptile store that's about half and hour away from me but they're closing down. All of them survived except one and have been great feeders. I bought another batch from Pet Valu yesterday and was disgusted to find about 8 dead ones in the bag to begin with as well as some strange pill bug looking things crawling along with them. On top of that, 15 more have died by the next day even though I fed them veggies and moist paper towel. I originally thought that they might be better than buying from Petsmart or PJ's Petstore. Needless to say I'm never buying anything from them again. :S

This is kind of embarrassing to admit, but I get all my crickets from PetCo (I know, I know).

After being extremely disappointed in the quality of the crickets from every other place in town whose crickets were smelly, nasty, and lived about three days, I bought a box of those prepackaged "gutloaded" crickets out of desperation. Took them home, rehoused them with real gutload in the clean cricket bin just to see how they would work out.

Now I'm a convert. They are consistently plump, no smell at all, and it turns out that healthy crickets are hellagood jumpers :) Out of the 6 dozens that I buy every three weeks, I only lose one or two before they get fed off.

I only keep one Jackson's, so I don't want to breed crickets. This has been a really good option for me. Something you might consider.

This is kind of embarrassing to admit, but I get all my crickets from PetCo (I know, I know).

After being extremely disappointed in the quality of the crickets from every other place in town whose crickets were smelly, nasty, and lived about three days, I bought a box of those prepackaged "gutloaded" crickets out of desperation. Took them home, rehoused them with real gutload in the clean cricket bin just to see how they would work out.

Now I'm a convert. They are consistently plump, no smell at all, and it turns out that healthy crickets are hellagood jumpers :) Out of the 6 dozens that I buy every three weeks, I only lose one or two before they get fed off.

I only keep one Jackson's, so I don't want to breed crickets. This has been a really good option for me. Something you might consider.

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately we don't have Petco here in Canada :(

i have a petsmart 5 minutes from me and i dont really like getting crickets from them but they are cheap at .10 cents a pop.... and i have a petco about 15 minutes from me the crickets are kinda expensive there .16 c each but the quality is incredible.... they actually remodeled the petco and it is actually kinda nice in there now

best cricket for price

You might want to try a mom & pop petstore. in Va i get 1000 for $20 or 25 for a $1. They also tend to offer you guarantees. if not, mailorder @ mullberry has been ok.

I actually get my feeders from petvalu. The crickets are fine in the store by me. I do believe that a lot has to do with the employees and managment at each location. I get almost all my feeders from them and they are fine. Actually yesterday I got an albino cricket out of the 25 I picked up (rare? Anyone know? First one I've ever seen) and they are all healthy plump and decent sized. Petvalu is also where I order a container of hornworms every week or 2. So my store is decent enough but if yours is inadequate def look elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom