Personalized Corner!

OrangeJuice

Established Member
Hello everyone. It's been awhile since I posted. I've been working on making an inside free range enclosure. Currently I have two questions. 1. Is T5 56 watt too intense for a chameleons eyes? (I'll include picture of how far away it is. It's only one bulb) 2. Any suggestions? Also, since it's going to be a fairly large free roam, could I have both my male and female out at once or should I make them take turns. Thanks! (Their enclosures usually have more foliage but they both just pooped all over them, so they would normally be getting some coverage from the bulb)

Attachments

• IMG_2808.JPG
    IMG_2808.JPG
    300.1 KB · Views: 93
I don't think you'll have a problem with 1 t5ho bulb hurting your chams eyes. I have 6 laying on top of my enclosure after consulting a couple of other members. 4 standards bulbs and 2 reptisun 5.0 spaced apart by 2 regular bulbs. I'll let the more experienced people comment on the both out at the same time but I would guess probably take turns there.

Last edited:
Will do! I've been doing turns just in case until I get an answer on it. As for the bulb I plan to add another to help the plants out, so I'll keep an eye on my guys. Thank you!

Those windows being so close concern me a little. If you get cold weather where you are will you have strong drafts?

I was also concerned about the windows, especially because they're single pane. This room of the house isn't heated- it was an add on the previous owners built. I asked my dad about it and we got a heater that keeps the room low 60s at night to fix that. There isn't any wind blowing around, but the hot air circulating the room makes little gusts of air (not cold).

Back
Top Bottom