Personality Change?

Mbalicki1030

Hey guys, So I have a female Veiled she just turned one in November of this year. She has laid eggs twice now five months apart. I took her to the vet before she laid the second batch of eggs and I have x rays done to make sure the process was moving smoothly. She is healthy in everyway. She eats and drinks enough, her enclosure is perfect and has everything she needs. After this last egg laying her personality completely changed. She was always a very mellow green happy color, loved to be handled would throw herself on us as soon as we opened the cage, loved to cuddle etc. That all changed after this last egg lay, She is always a very dark color now, her mouth is always open she is always swinging her head around at us if she sees us walk in the room or if we come anywhere near her cage. She will try to fight us and head butts us if we attempt to take her out of her cage. Does anyone know why this could be happening or have any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

And what come to the personality, sometimes chameleons' personality changes. It might be just a growing up thing or could be linked to some mildly traumatic event (a loud noise for example)

And what come to the personality, sometimes chameleons' personality changes. It might be just a growing up thing or could be linked to some mildly traumatic event (a loud noise for example)
As far as I know there has been no real traumatic event, she is used to me and my sister who are the only two that really handle her, she changed as soon as she laid the second batch of eggs, her personality did a complete 360

As far as I know there has been no real traumatic event, she is used to me and my sister who are the only two that really handle her, she changed as soon as she laid the second batch of eggs, her personality did a complete 360
Maybe the egg laying was hard for her. She probably needs time to recover.

i think is maybe best to let her be for a while, chameleons egg laying is hard and it takes a toll on them. i wouldn't handle her now but maybe give her a week or two treat her as if she was settling again. also supplement with extra calcium and maybe hand feed her a little to get her used to you again.

Back
Top Bottom