- Your Chameleon - veiled, female 3 years, been with me 1.5 years. Had this issue when I hot her, it cleared up with 2 warm showers last time
- Handling - rarely/never. Only when removing her to deep clean cage
- Feeding - crickets. Dubia, horn worms, super worms. 4-6 insects 3 times per week. More often when gravid and after laying.
- Supplements - repti-cal w/o d3 every feeding. Herptivite 1x per month, Calc with d3 1x per month
- Watering - dripper and fogger.
- Fecal Description - very large firm black poops and large bright white urates
- History - when I got her h
- She had an infection in her eye, like now, and on her spikes. With warm showers and care she recovered in a few weeks and seemed very healthy. Last clutch of infertile eggs laid 2 months ago, no complications.
- Cage Type - screen 18×36×36
- Lighting - 24" arcadia 6%, 24" daylight bulb, 70watt incandescent for heat on timer 8am-8pm
- Temperature - basking 85°, bottom 68°, 65° over night
- Humidity - 40-60%
- Plants - golden pothos, dracena, umbrella plant
- Placement - spare bedroom, next to widnow, door closed always no traffic. Overall height apx 5' from floor
- Location - WA state
Current Problem - she is having an eye issue. It "glazes over" so she cannot close it. This started after her last clutch, so I figured she has excess dirt irritating it. This happened when I first brought her home, 1 warm showed took care of it. This time I have showered her twice so far. After a 20 minute shower her eye is clear and she seems very relieved. Both times it has glazed back over in apx 48 hours. She is still eating, drinking, pooping normally but she seems to be in distress. Photos of before and after shower (she puffs up at the camera, is not gravid)