Permanent Cage Project

seanUTD

I just got a new cage for Stanley from my family and let me tell you... it is MASSIVE!! It was used for walking sticks at an elementary school so its not meant for water but those are just minor details :) Ill be adding a drainage table inside the cage and making it able to use lights on top... Ill keep this posted for details.... Just for those who are curious the cage measures 29"x29"x72" so basically its almost 3ft wide and 6ft tall!!
eb8ff5b6.jpg

Thanks! Yea they spoil me haha... I am beginning the build phase starting on wednesday so look for it then!

Ready for furnishing

So I finally finished the work on the cage... I built a custom drainage table that fit SNUG inside the cage. The top of it is galvanized hardware mesh anchored to the table with screws... The top is a finer mesh stapled into the top... Tomorrow I will be installing my new mistking and finishing it up with Stan's vines and plants... The cage is big enough to fit two 18" Reptiglos on top and because of the mesh I used, NONE of the light is lost and it penetrates to its maximum... The cage FILLS with light...
d6992ecd.jpg

2a7a59bb.jpg

0265c67d.jpg

Hey, I went to high school in Dallas; got friends at UTD.

This look like it has the makings of an ideal enclosure!

What is the material (with the plumbing writing on it) under the mesh at the bottom?

Furnished and ready to go!!

Three words.. HE LOVES IT!

Stanley has been cruising and cruising for the last 3 hours in his newly furnished MASSIVE enclosure... Its 30"x30"x72"... I had to construct the drainage table and make massive alterations to it as it was used as a walking sticks enclosure.... It has a newly installed yet not FULLY functional mistking in it ( :confused: still trying )... It has a total of 36 feet of vines of different sizes, two full 10" pots of pothos, a 14" potted schefflera AND a small dracanea with some real branches here and there.... Hope you like it it was HARD WORK!! But for Stan it was worth it....

bd66d652.jpg

76f5d7b3.jpg

29158e11.jpg

Now where the hell am I... Aw damn... wall.... LOST!!!!!!!
079a2f53.jpg

:DLOL on the last pic. Looks good man. you going to the show tomarrow?
Three words.. HE LOVES IT!

Stanley has been cruising and cruising for the last 3 hours in his newly furnished MASSIVE enclosure... Its 30"x30"x72"... I had to construct the drainage table and make massive alterations to it as it was used as a walking sticks enclosure.... It has a newly installed yet not FULLY functional mistking in it ( :confused: still trying )... It has a total of 36 feet of vines of different sizes, two full 10" pots of pothos, a 14" potted schefflera AND a small dracanea with some real branches here and there.... Hope you like it it was HARD WORK!! But for Stan it was worth it....

bd66d652.jpg

76f5d7b3.jpg

29158e11.jpg

Now where the hell am I... Aw damn... wall.... LOST!!!!!!!
079a2f53.jpg

Unfortunately I cant /: Since classes have started I don't ever have a full day off... Wish I could though

Looks really good Sean! Stanley is going to grow up great in that cage.

BTW, the new guy is settling in nicely. Drinks and eats like a champ so far.

Back
Top Bottom