Perished Chameleon Owner

Josesenegal

Hello, im new here and with a lot of questions... my senegal chameleo just passed away and well, i would like to know a bit more about them....thank you..

I'm sorry to hear about your Senegal. :(

You came to the right place for chameleon owners, though! Always happy to help out.

I dont understand... you come here to search for information after your chameleon just died? Wrong order...

I made the mistake of buying a captive breed senegal cham as my first without doing as much research as I should have. I learned so much information from this website. Mine was only with me for 6 months, as it had parasites. So sad!

If these strange creatures bring you joy- I encourage you to learn everything you can about them and the care that they require, and then purchase one again from a sponsor or member of this site.
Good Luck!

I am sorry for your loss!!!

I dont understand... you come here to search for information after your chameleon just died? Wrong order...

Lots of people don't necessarily know their husbandry may be off until something happens. (You know how helpful :rolleyes: other sources can be...) It makes a lot of sense to try to figure it all out to try to avoid any mistakes that may have been happening before trying to provide for another. I still don't know everything there is to know, but I hope I do everything right. ;)

How about giving information so mistakes don't happen in the future, instead of being rude about it? We ALL learn from mistakes.

I gather YOU have never made a mistake? :rolleyes:

Yea that was some really helpful information you gave there. As if the owner doesnt feel bad enough... Yet there are quite a few members who are A-holes on this site.. Oh the lovely power of the internet. Lets the trolls troll.

Sorry for your loss. Read as much as you can and see where you could of possibly made a mistake, learn and move on.

It's an easy mistake to make - especially when pet stores try to convince you that everything you need for the pet can be bought at the same store, at the same time. I've even received bad information from a reptile vet.

At least this person wants to know where they went wrong.

Thank you i didnt mean to cause anger towards anybody about it... I would just like to know a bit more about them, thats all.

Hello, im new here and with a lot of questions... my senegal chameleo just passed away and well, i would like to know a bit more about them....thank you..

Josesenegal you did the right thing to join us. What has happened is water under the bridge, all we want to do now it help you learn.

Please back off, we are a friendly forum and here to help everyone - you did not help.

Yea that was some really helpful information you gave there. As if the owner doesnt feel bad enough... Yet there are quite a few members who are A-holes on this site.. Oh the lovely power of the internet. Lets the trolls troll.
same as the one before, please back off. I may agree with you but I don't want us to welcome a new member by showing us fighting, thanks

Sorry for your loss. Read as much as you can and see where you could of possibly made a mistake, learn and move on.

Unfortunately most, if not all, Senegal Chameleons you will see in pet shops and reptile expos are wild caught. These animals are not kept in stellar conditions anywhere during the collection and exportation process and are very ill by the time they end up in a retail setting. Somebody entering the hobby probably does not know this and does not know the differences between a healthy and sickly animal.

My blog about acclimating wild caught chameleons touches on some of the process. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/trace/776-dealing-wild-caught-chameleon.html

Josesenegal, if you are interested in keeping chameleons again in the future, there are a great number of captive bred species out there that will be much more forgiving with the inevitable beginner mistakes and are generally more hearty and friendly. I recommend a Panther or a Veiled Chameleon to start but Carpets and Jacksons are also good. Do a little research on those, check out the General Photography forum to get an idea of species you like and don’t be afraid to ask questions about them.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you decide to get another chameleon, and wish you the best, whatever you decide. :)

Back
Top Bottom