'Perfect slope' shower diy

Crossingtami

Avid Member
Has anyone used this 'perfect slope' shower and liner to make a drainage pan. Was thinking it would work good for the water drainage instead of a 'flat' pan. It creates a slight slope toward the drain

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210125-082228_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210125-082228_Chrome.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 85
Has anyone used this 'perfect slope' shower and liner to make a drainage pan. Was thinking it would work good for the water drainage instead of a 'flat' pan. It creates a slight slope toward the drain
Ouch!!!
I just looked it up.
A little pricey...
+1

These shower bases are generally intended to have ceramic tile installed on top of them.
IDK how it would function as-is.

An idea I've been toying with is using a gp drain pan made of slightly flexible material (usually less than $50), installing the drain fitting in the center and raising the corners 1/4". Haven't actually tried it though.

+1

These shower bases are generally intended to have ceramic tile installed on top of them.
IDK how it would function as-is.

An idea I've been toying with is using a gp drain pan made of slightly flexible material (usually less than $50), installing the drain fitting in the center and raising the corners 1/4". Haven't actually tried it though.
Was going to tile it or try a pond liner on the top. Hmmm?

Was going to tile it or try a pond liner on the top. Hmmm?
I'm not familiar with the material—"expandable styrene and fiber board"; TBH, it's the fiber board that concerns me. Pond liner may be redundant. 🤷‍♂️

I've done ceramic tile substrates (no cement or grouting); they work very well. Excess water still drains into a pitched drain pan below, and out.

Can I recreate it in his room?!
IDK... Got a really BIG room? :ROFLMAO:

:confused: Now I'm befused. Are we still talking about a 2x2x4 enclosure, or are you now thinking of free-ranging (FR) in an entire room? :unsure: I've no experience with FR.

I'm not familiar with the material—"expandable styrene and fiber board"; TBH, it's the fiber board that concerns me. Pond liner may be redundant. 🤷‍♂️

I've done ceramic tile substrates (no cement or grouting); they work very well. Excess water still drains into a pitched drain pan below, and out.

IDK... Got a really BIG room? :ROFLMAO:

:confused: Now I'm befused. Are we still talking about a 2x2x4 enclosure, or are you now thinking of free-ranging (FR) in an entire room? :unsure: I've no experience with FR.
Wasn't serious about recreating in his room. But, my next project will b a nice free range for him.

Bought 2 different pans for drainage. Husband says I'm crazy and overthinking this. Probably should have or could have modified the DS pan, but I was afraid of ruining it. I'll post pics of which I decide to keep

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210201-180911_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210201-180911_Chrome.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20210201-181258_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210201-181258_Chrome.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 57
Bought 2 different pans for drainage. Husband says I'm crazy and overthinking this. Probably should have or could have modified the DS pan, but I was afraid of ruining it. I'll post pics of which I decide to keep
Do the 32” x 32” one, it’s the bigger one!

I like the actual shower pan bc the water would run down just like in a shower. Not sure if the side drain will work w/o a 'slope'.
Same, as long as the drain is at the lowest point in the other pan, it’ll work. I would suggest getting a pan the size of your enclosure, though, so you don’t have to worry about water going elsewhere, unless you already have a plan for that

I like the actual shower pan bc the water would run down just like in a shower. Not sure if the side drain will work w/o a 'slope'.
Adding slope isn't a big deal. 1/4" per ft. is the minimum for construction, but 1/8" per ft. (1/4" total) is working just fine. The tilt isn't even noticeable, but if it were, there are ways to fix that too. ;)

32" square is BIG. Will your stand or table accommodate that?

Rather than expensive shower bases, I was thinking of something more like these.

Do the 32” x 32” one, it’s the bigger one!
The
So, I hated the condensation pan. The drain plug doesn't allow all / most of the water to drain. Waiting for the shower pan to arrive.... my quest for karma's "perfect" enclosure continues!

Back
Top Bottom