Penelope hates to be misted

vgaines

Since misting seems to causes Penelope to run and hide today I decided to give Penelope a shower. Because she hates to be misted I worry that she is not getting enough to drink. Rebel loves his showers and will drink the whole time hes taking one so I though maybe Penelope might as well. Nope. She found a place to hide (I had her on a very full Pothos) and turned solid black. I did see her drink a little but I don't think it was enough to stress her out like that. Sometime this month I will be getting a new misting machine and I need to figure out how to set it up where it wont stress her out. Maybe I will put her misting head inside of a rain cup. Any suggestions would be great. :confused:

What kind of chameleon is she? Most chameleons don't like to be sprayed directly, so no real surprise there. The reason that you do not see her drink may be that she is too scared to drink in front of you. As long as her urates are white, then you don't need to worry.
As for the mister stressing her out, again I wouldn't worry. I would set it up so that it creates lots of nice drops on the leaves and not too much over spray. Chameleons will move if the spray is bothering them.

What kind of chameleon is she? Most chameleons don't like to be sprayed directly, so no real surprise there. The reason that you do not see her drink may be that she is too scared to drink in front of you. As long as her urates are white, then you don't need to worry.
As for the mister stressing her out, again I wouldn't worry. I would set it up so that it creates lots of nice drops on the leaves and not too much over spray. Chameleons will move if the spray is bothering them.

Sorry, Penelope is a veiled chameleon. I guess I am use to Rebel (my full grown male veiled). He will walk up to the mist and put his face in the spray and sit and drink. Her urates are nice and white but I know how fast they can become dehydrated and I am a worry wort. Thanks for the reply..:D

Back
Top Bottom