Patience pays off

Phillips

I have had Pascal, a male veiled chameleon approx. 4-6 months old, for almost two weeks now. During which I have never been able to hold him as I don't want to just reach and grab him out. So I have been patient and am trying to get him to hand feed to build the trust between us. Today I was feeding some mealworms and was getting them to crawl up the screen maybe 6 inches from Pascal's head and he would immediately grab them. One worm kept falling, and when I put it back up to the screen and still had it supported with my finger, Pascal took it. I then started feeding off the few remaining crickets I had and held one up to him to see if he would take it, and he did! This is his first hand feeding and I am so excited to see progress with him. Can't wait till he wants to come out.

Awwww. Congrats on ur special moment. It's a great feeling!!!

Just keep going with the slow and patient. He'll get there ;)

I have had Pascal, a male veiled chameleon approx. 4-6 months old, for almost two weeks now. During which I have never been able to hold him as I don't want to just reach and grab him out. So I have been patient and am trying to get him to hand feed to build the trust between us. Today I was feeding some mealworms and was getting them to crawl up the screen maybe 6 inches from Pascal's head and he would immediately grab them. One worm kept falling, and when I put it back up to the screen and still had it supported with my finger, Pascal took it. I then started feeding off the few remaining crickets I had and held one up to him to see if he would take it, and he did! This is his first hand feeding and I am so excited to see progress with him. Can't wait till he wants to come out.

The most recent chameleon which I got, a female veiled has been tamed within the third day. My methods are a little against the suggestions, I start to pay attention etc to them from day 1 and trick them into coming on my hand. I also spend a lot of time near their cages at evening so they would get more used to me. I might be just lucky with chams and have gotten very friendly ones, but its working! Give it silkworms or hornworms 1-2 times a week as a treat from your hand.

Back
Top Bottom