passionfruit vine

I have used many different varieties of passionfruit vine in my enclosures for decades without an issue. Some are known to have cyanide in their parts, but these have not caused me a problem either. Though, I have not tried these with a veiled chameleon, who might chomp on the leaves, so I cannot relate personal experience on that one.
I have used them extensively with panther chameleons with no issue. They have worked well for me to give leaf cover and be a beautiful part of the cage.

Thank you!! What a releif, I was hoping they would be ok, I just finished making custom cages for my males, and wanted to liven up my old cages for my females, all of which hatched last month, ambilobe panthers

parsonii-in-the-passionflower.jpg

Ahh yes, yours looks very happy & healthy, these are my first chamelions, so I'm trying to do my best, I've grown orchids since 2012, built a climate controlled room in my garage, and have sold 1/4 of them to make room for my chams, I've been told I can use about any orchid in there, just not sure how I'm going to fertilize them

1540760183044-414532032.jpg I just took some pictures, got them from a breeder in sac. The females seem odd, although they do eat everyday, and their poo is ok, they just aren't vibrant and move around like the males

Attachments

• 192081-39e734b431012df6b1c3c571d133aa0f.jpg
    192081-39e734b431012df6b1c3c571d133aa0f.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 107
All Passiflora have toxic compounds including cyanogenic glucosides, and should be kept out of animal enclosures. Butterflies such as the Gulf Frittilary, that feeds on passionflowers, have caused reptile deaths.

Back
Top Bottom