Passed while having eggs!

chamlover

My famous girl Tash has passed. She was the one a few months ago that went 4 weeks having the eggs that were infertile and survived. She obviously still had the sperm from Teeko and to my surprise she dropped 5 eggs in her cage that am and started digging. That is when i noticed the eggs. I immediately put her in the bucket, she kept on digging all day, 3 holes all together, which we found 2 eggs in each hole. That evening we checked on her and her eyes were extremely sunken in and she was just laying in the hole. I tried to rehydrate her but it was already too late. She went downhill that quickly. She passed late last night. My hubby did a c-section and removed the rest of the eggs, most of which look really good, some are a little small. He noticed her insides were all twisted and he was very surprised she could even lay any eggs at all. Of course it just could have twisted i suppose, i don't know. That probably has a lot to do with the hard time she had last time. So we now have 24 eggs in the incubator and hopefully a Tasha Two in 9 months. I got so attached to her the last time she got sick it broke my heart. But I'm sure you all have been there. We will have the funeral tomorrow if anyone wants to attend.

Debby

Sorry to hear about that.
It's a fact that females are lost.

I've had a few die in my hands and it's rough.

I was afraid of something like that being the case
when we were discussing it all in the thread.
but if you're going to try breeding... it goes with the territory. :(

im sorry to read that.
how long have you had her, and what kind of cham is she?
do you have any good pictures of her that you can post
as a memorial? (if its not to hard for you)

i hope her line will live on.

That sucks. It's wierd, every body wants males, but the cham I am most attached to is my 3rd and it's a female. I am always freaking out if something is not perfect with er.

She was a little over a year old and a blue bar ambilobe. She was one of the ones when ever you went over to her cage she would turn sideways so you wouldn't see her. I guess she forgot the 4 weeks of hell we went through together when she was eggbound the last time. I am a little surprised to find her insides twisted though because when she was at the vets he actually did 2 ultrasounds, more to check out how many eggs she had left, but i would have thought he would have seen that. Maybe i'm wrong. She was my favorite even though she usually tried to bite me each time, she had such attitude. I definitely noticed a difference in her this time, she didnt seem to want to live this time. Last time you could see she wanted to, not so this time. I think she must have been in alot of pain with everything twisted and still 14 eggs left in her. But i am confident that her legacy will live on, the eggs look good and i will keep a female and name her Tasha Two and tell her all about her mommy. Boy am i addicted. I'm glad my hubby did what he did though, i kinda figured she had a reproductive problem, I'm just sad i couldn't get her through it this time!!! I am sooooo bumming. I will post a pic later, i just can't do it now.

Debby

sorry to hear about your loss , my Momma veild died to last week on me pout girl was 3.5 yrs old and on her 10th clutch of eggs so she was up there and did her mission and has moved on now to better days but ill never forget her just ike you wont ever forget your girl and again sorry for your loss but like jeweld chameleons said it comes with breeding , they give life and and pass on to make room for more thats there duty to keep there species alive and they do a fine job at it , just think of the good times ahaha

Thanks everyone. Its appreciated. I'm sure there will be a Tasha Two. Keep your fingers crossed that the eggs will be good.

Debby

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my girl a few months ago too. So devistated we gave away all of her stuff. :( It's hard.

Back
Top Bottom