Pascal's New Bioactive Home!

Why did you decide to put the fogger hose so low? Are you going to add branches or just the natural plants youll be adding?
It looks very cool! Cant wait to see the finished product.

I’ll be adding a few thick branches that I found along with some vines. I put the pipe low because I liked how the fog looked at the bottom and it’ll look really neat with the plants!

I’ll be adding a few thick branches that I found along with some vines. I put the pipe low because I liked how the fog looked at the bottom and it’ll look really neat with the plants!

I’m glad you were smarter than me thinking the foam through haha

It’s looking great. Keep up the good work. :)

I figured the pvc was for the fogger. Pretty cool to incorporate that. Not to burst your bubble, but I’m wondering how you’ll clean the tube?

@hiddenflaws
So here’s an idea if you need one.
You can keep the large tube where it’s at and just add some sort of coupling at the end. Maybe even a cap and just cut the end off it.

From there just add your screen to the coupling/cap. Whenever you want to clean the tubing, just remove the screened piece. I use a large bottle brush to clean my fogger pipes. It’s like 16” long so I just clean from both ends.

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...eding-supplies/you-and-me-double-bottle-brush

I’m glad you were smarter than me thinking the foam through haha

It’s looking great. Keep up the good work. :)

I figured the pvc was for the fogger. Pretty cool to incorporate that. Not to burst your bubble, but I’m wondering how you’ll clean the tube?

I suppose with one of those bottle brushes you linked me ?

thank you!

Anyone know an easier way to apply the silicon and dirt to the foam? I got far yesterday with it, but I never finished because it’s such a mess and hard after silicon is all over your gloves ?

Managed to find some African violets today! These will be the last plants I add! Wanted some color in there and been looking everywhere for these.

Attachments

• 12ECF889-3CFE-4A7B-9480-DD565D57B415.jpeg
    12ECF889-3CFE-4A7B-9480-DD565D57B415.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 116
I have recently built my own terrarium for my breeding pair of chameleons, Rue and Ivy. Here are some pictures that might help you. I spray foamed the back to make it look more like a rock wall and I also made it bioactive. The cage is a little dark at the moment, waiting for my dull uvb and 6.5k lighting system to come in but I thought this might give you some inspiration for your work. And this goes to everyone, any tips for me are greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck with your pets new home.

Attachments

• enclosure .png
    enclosure .png
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
  • ivy.png
    ivy.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 135
  • rue.png
    rue.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 151
I have recently built my own terrarium for my breeding pair of chameleons, Rue and Ivy. Here are some pictures that might help you. I spray foamed the back to make it look more like a rock wall and I also made it bioactive. The cage is a little dark at the moment, waiting for my dull uvb and 6.5k lighting system to come in but I thought this might give you some inspiration for your work. And this goes to everyone, any tips for me are greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck with your pets new home.

I love this! Definitely love your hanging plants. Those are too cute.

Anyone know an easier way to apply the silicon and dirt to the foam? I got far yesterday with it, but I never finished because it’s such a mess and hard after silicon is all over your gloves ?
I found using silicon to be very difficult, I just used dry lock over top of my paint, worked like a charm.

I found it easiest to use my index and middle finger to spread the silicon. I used latex gloves for this process. When a lot of dirt and silicon gathered on my fingers I used the same two fingers on the other hand to scrape it off. If it was still sticky enough I tried to add it to the background. Otherwise, I’d then scrape it off onto another surface such as the inside of a trash bag or the lip of a disposable cup and continue after that. It’s going to be messy. If you figure out how not to be messy with that step let me know haha

Don’t be surprised if this takes you HOURS. My enclosure took me over an hour each of the three times I applied the silicon and substrate. It’s a process. Just turn on some chameleon academy podcast and let Bill keep you company while you work. It goes by quickly that way.

I found it easiest to use my index and middle finger to spread the silicon. I used latex gloves for this process. When a lot of dirt and silicon gathered on my fingers I used the same two fingers on the other hand to scrape it off. If it was still sticky enough I tried to add it to the background. Otherwise, I’d then scrape it off onto another surface such as the inside of a trash bag or the lip of a disposable cup and continue after that. It’s going to be messy. If you figure out how not to be messy with that step let me know haha

Don’t be surprised if this takes you HOURS. My enclosure took me over an hour each of the three times I applied the silicon and substrate. It’s a process. Just turn on some chameleon academy podcast and let Bill keep you company while you work. It goes by quickly that way.

It's definitely a process! Pretty annoying too. I have no patience so it's taking me 3 days to finish this part. I think tomorrow will be the last day. Fingers crossed!

It's definitely a process! Pretty annoying too. I have no patience so it's taking me 3 days to finish this part. I think tomorrow will be the last day. Fingers crossed!

I think if you give your cham enough silkworms it might offer its help. They’re really useful for getting into tight spots. ?

Finished with the silicon and dirt. Going to try to get some black spray paint for the sides to hide the foam. Maybe I can get creative and do a lavender spray paint? ?
Isopods and springtails came in this morning!

Attachments

• 940F1EC5-D0E0-4699-A25E-E0821BB72794.jpeg
    940F1EC5-D0E0-4699-A25E-E0821BB72794.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 128
This thread has been very quiet the last couple of days, but here's an update!
So we finished up a lot. Just waiting on the rest of the hydroballs to come in tomorrow and then we'll finish the rest from there.
I spray painted the sides black to hide the yellow foam and the silicon/dirt. I also added in the golden pothos and one of the vines along with a nice stick we found and sterilized before adding it in. I have another mossy vine but not sure where I am putting it yet so gonna wait till i put the plants in and get a better idea. Also using a UVB compact bulb just for now until it is replaced. It's better than nothing I suppose. Mist king system is set up and ready! We did test it out twice and everything worked pretty well which was great. I will be getting another nozzle for the middle, possibly. Ignore the mess at the bottom. My boyfriend decided that he wanted to just go ahead and pour in one of the hydroball bags into it already :rolleyes::LOL:

Attachments

• 4A4FA7ED-59EC-4A2B-8D08-EA19D20831DB.jpeg
    4A4FA7ED-59EC-4A2B-8D08-EA19D20831DB.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 140
This thread has been very quiet the last couple of days, but here's an update!
So we finished up a lot. Just waiting on the rest of the hydroballs to come in tomorrow and then we'll finish the rest from there.
I spray painted the sides black to hide the yellow foam and the silicon/dirt. I also added in the golden pothos and one of the vines along with a nice stick we found and sterilized before adding it in. I have another mossy vine but not sure where I am putting it yet so gonna wait till i put the plants in and get a better idea. Also using a UVB compact bulb just for now until it is replaced. It's better than nothing I suppose. Mist king system is set up and ready! We did test it out twice and everything worked pretty well which was great. I will be getting another nozzle for the middle, possibly. Ignore the mess at the bottom. My boyfriend decided that he wanted to just go ahead and pour in one of the hydroball bags into it already :rolleyes::LOL:

Looking good! Nice to see how it's coming along. You must feel accomplished after the silicone step.

Idk if your bf washed the hydro balls first, but those things have A LOT of dust on them. That bugged me so I ended up rinsing them. Not sure if that bugs you at all. Just some food for thought.

Looking good! Nice to see how it's coming along. You must feel accomplished after the silicone step.

Idk if your bf washed the hydro balls first, but those things have A LOT of dust on them. That bugged me so I ended up rinsing them. Not sure if that bugs you at all. Just some food for thought.

yes, I told him that right after he did it and we will be washing them tomorrow when the rest come in ?

Back
Top Bottom