Pascal's First Time Outside

PascalsWager

Pascal looks out his window wistfully, so today I decided he was big enough and strong enough to venture outside in the sun for a few minutes. It was his very first time being out of the house and the first photo was his first time feeling and seeing the sun.

His reaction at first was extreme excitement. He didn't know what to do, so he just started running. Up my arms, up my shirt, etc. Then I put him in some petunias and he had fun climbing around in there, but was causing some damage. I put him on the ground near the house and he started making a bee-line for a hydrangea that, had he reached it, I'd never find him again.

Not finding an adequate shrub on short notice, I let him down in our side yard. He pretty well matched the colors of the browning grass. Some crows cawed from the nearby trees and he froze mid-stride and refused to move. (I can't blame him.)

I offered my hand, and he was perfectly happy to hang out with me rather than become raven bait. After a few minutes he decided it was too warm outside (it was 80ºF) so we went back in to his enclosure, which he didn't want to go back into.

And of course, pics:

First time seeing the sun:
full

Getting too warm:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you both. We've been staying inside lately. It's too hot the last few days. Pascal doesn't even want to bask much, other than in the morning sun in his window. We don't normally get heat like this so many days in a row.

Lol I named my cham Pascal as well xP I let Pascal out whenever I have a chance and he just loses himself :p but lately it was super cold here and I had to keep him in for abou a week and he was not too happy. But now the warm weathers back and he's happily basking in the sun :)

I bring my chameleons outside everyday. I live in Florida. They would not know what to do with themselves if the DIDN'T see the sun! lol

I bring my chameleons outside everyday. I live in Florida. They would not know what to do with themselves if the DIDN'T see the sun! lol

Mine go crazy also. I have one set of cages in front of french doors. I swear, they stare at the handle waiting for me to open them. I like the idea, as they get sunlight, but still some a/c and shade if needed. If it perfect outside, then I let them walk over to their outdoor cages. (Chams by the pool :D)

Last edited:
Pascal is looking very handsome. I love the colors coming in.

I take my chameleon outside every morning, in the shade, for a few hours....until it gets to hot and then again most evenings for another hour or two.

We've had a record heatwave lately, so I've been keeping Pascal inside where I can control the temps. He loves sitting and looking out his window for hours. If I interrupt him, he gets angry with me, the little snot.

Back
Top Bottom