Part of chameleon has gone pale!

Hi,
So a couple of days ago I noticed that half of my female veiled (about 7 months old) has gone quite pale. I first thought that it is probably just her getting ready to shed (she hasn’t shed for a few weeks so this would make sense). I also saw that it could also be a burn. Do you think this is possible? Her basking temp goes between 82-86 degrees. It seems weird though that she would be burnt on the bottom of the head too though? Since that’s not really a place that the heat hits... also, her heat lamp is raised above the roof of her cage with a hook so even at the very top of the cage it isn’t scorching.
Any help would be rlly appreciated.

Attachments

• A2A088D4-6F8A-4D46-866E-4F169A1F6B42.jpeg
    A2A088D4-6F8A-4D46-866E-4F169A1F6B42.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Does she have a lay bin? Has she laid eggs yet? Is she due to lay eggs? One of my girls first egg laying, she went pale right before laying.
Hi, no I don’t think she’s about to lay eggs (there isn’t a lay bin in her enclosure) as her colouring has been normal and she hasn't been looking at all chunky recently, if anything she seems quite skinny. After checking on her today, it seems that the paleness is starting to fade... I’m hoping it just means she’s about to shed as she’s also been moving around a lot.

Back
Top Bottom