Parsonii Supplements???

savage13

Avid Member
Hello eveyone just wanted to know what type of calcium and vitamin supplement for indoors or outdoors using for your Parsons Chameleon at this time? I'm just curious i myself 20 years ago was using Miner-all with D3 & Herpitivite Just want to know what changed over the years as far as supplementing these wonderful creature's..

Thank you for your reply..
Felix...

Calcium mostly. Every other week I use calcium with medium D3 from Repashy. That means I only give may two food items that week with it. Then twice a month I use the Repashy multivitamin. They seem to need B1 more than other species so I give a little drop of a B1 paste on a roach twice a month.

Thank you for the reply.. Now are they kept indoors or outdoors? Now I know from previous experience that indoor you need to supplement more (now I'm talking about 20 years ago) showing my age ..Lol...then outdoors!??

Hi there, I'm just about to get a cb pair so I was very interested in this info here, Old chamkeeper- what I found most interesting was the mention of vit b1- I've never seen reptile supplements for just that so can you gutload roaches on oats, brown rice etc which appear to be high in thiamine?
Many thanks for any extra info - sorry to jump in :oops:

I've always wondered about the B-vitamins, too. I know some are produced by the body, while others need an external source. I try to rotate items into the gut loading routine to incorporate B-vitamin sources like butternut squash, plus I use Bug Burger which has B-vitamins in the mix.

hello, can you give me a link or product brand for vitamin B. regarding the Bug Burger is to feed the insects is vitamins. thank you in advance

Any insect chow with brewer's yeast in it has plenty of vitamin B. The one I make has Brewer's Yeast and Barley in it so it has plenty of vitamin B. I am pretty sure the other homemade chows on this website have the same too.

Back
Top Bottom