pardalis big clutch but very small eggs...

aris

Hi,My name is Aris i'm from Greece and this is my first post in this great forum.I need some opinions about something...My female pardalis is very small in age and size but accidently because of my mistake mated with my male pardalis.Yesterday she layed 32 eggs witch is a huge litter because of her small size.The eggs appear to be fertile but the size of them is very small.Do the eggs have a possibility to produce some healthy babies or is it just a waste of time to incubate them?

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Perhaps some photos would help, that way we can say if they do look tiny or if they are more or less normal size. Otherwise we can't really give an opinion :)

DSCN0804.jpg
DSCN0806.jpg
DSCN0783.jpg

The small one is from the female and the other is a normal looking egg from ch. africanus.It is about the half size!!!

I would incubate them. Theres no way to know whether they are fertile or not but to be one the safe side I would incubate them. If they arent viable then they will spoil and mold over within a few weeks. Good luck...

I agree that I would incubate them. What have you got to lose? Sometimes eggs can surprise us with what to do & don't do. Good Luck and welcome to the forum, we are happy to have you join us.

I would incubate them. Theres no way to know whether they are fertile or not but to be one the safe side I would incubate them. If they arent viable then they will spoil and mold over within a few weeks. Good luck...

Africanus eggs may start off bigger than pardalis eggs in the first place. I've never had eggs from an Africanus, but I have had them from a C. chamaeleon and those were slightly bigger to start off with compared to pardalis eggs.

I would incubate them.

the only way u can tell that fertile or not is in a couple days put a flash light up to them u should be able to see veins and embryo

the only way u can tell that fertile or not is in a couple days put a flash light up to them u should be able to see veins and embryo

Gonna take more than a few days to see veins or embryonic development. That doesnt start for a few months. If they arent fertile they will go bad within days or maybe a week or so.

Just another question for you guys.Should i ptu the eggs in my incubator or is it better to leave them outside?The temperature in my room is about 24 deegres celsius.A 2-4 deegres temperature will herm the embyos if this will happen often?

Back
Top Bottom