Parasites

Thank you all for the help, unfortunately Dodger passed away last night before we could get him to a vet.
So sorry for your loss. I am late to the thread. While the little man may have had medical issues going on there were some pretty substantial husbandry issues as well. UVB lighting was incorrect and this on its own being wrong can cause so many issues for them.

Should you decide to get another chameleon let us know. You will want to do a pretty massive overhaul to the enclosure set up to make it a healthy environment.

So sorry for your loss. I am late to the thread. While the little man may have had medical issues going on there were some pretty substantial husbandry issues as well. UVB lighting was incorrect and this on its own being wrong can cause so many issues for them.

Should you decide to get another chameleon let us know. You will want to do a pretty massive overhaul to the enclosure set up to make it a healthy environment.
Thanks. I'll post if so, but I doubt my dad will want to go through all of this again. They are much more sensitive than he realized. He's been taking care of a leopard gecko for years and loves his little buddy. He knew a chameleon would be more difficult, just didn't realize HOW much more difficult.

Thanks. I'll post if so, but I doubt my dad will want to go through all of this again. They are much more sensitive than he realized. He's been taking care of a leopard gecko for years and loves his little buddy. He knew a chameleon would be more difficult, just didn't realize HOW much more difficult.
Yeah they are by far the most expensive and intricate little animals I have ever kept. Kinda like a salt water fish tank is. lol Which was why I stayed away from fish tanks in general. It can be a steep learning curve with chameleons.

I am sorry for your loss though hun.

Back
Top Bottom