Parasites?

Every few months is a little much. Not everyone has money to burn, hell donate it to someone that needs it if you must get rid of it. Yearly or so is a good idea, and especially if you have a concern, but every few months is overboard JMO
Evey one does things differently. Personally I don't get a fecal done unless there seems to be an issue but I didn't want to sound "lazy" and figured other did it more often. I don't appreciate you assuming I have "money to burn" and this isn't the first time you have made me feel attacked for even trying to help.🤷‍♀️ JMO

Evey one does things differently. Personally I don't get a fecal done unless there seems to be an issue but I didn't want to sound "lazy" and figured other did it more often. I don't appreciate you assuming I have "money to burn" and this isn't the first time you have made me feel attacked for even trying to help.🤷‍♀️ JMO
My comment was a generalized statement directed to any newbies seeing this. Yes it is a good idea, but every few months for no reason other than to do it seems like a waste of money to me. I didn't want new people to think they had to do that to keep a chameleon. Yearly or near that and/or if there is an issue sure, but every 3 months would be excessive.

Honestly It's ridiculous for you to think I was attacking you. People can't handle sarcasm these days I guess.

Hello! I'm a veterinary nurse with 10+ years in a small animal and exotic clinic. Chameleons can commonly get pinworms. I would take a stool sample to your exotic vet ASAP so they can confirm via cytology. If he is positive, the treatment is oral Fenbendazole. It needs to be properly dosed otherwise they can die from overdose if not dosed correctly.

As a preventative measure we ALWAYS recommend our reptiles have a fecal screen done at least every 6 months to ensure we are catching any parasites before they become a problem.

I hope this helped! :)

Those aren't pinworms though. I will bet you on it. And sure you recommend 6 months, vets need that $$ 😉 my chams been eating outside insects for 5 years and hasn't even had pinworms once.

We have other vet assistants here, and vets, doctors etc. It's a nice addition, but doesn't necessarily override people with direct experience.

To be clear, I'm not saying don't get a fecal. I'm just saying those aren't pinworms. If it's been a while since your cham had a fecal, then get one regardless

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom