Panther's Eggs

pohchunyee

Avid Member
:D After 30+ days of waiting, Hanabi (blue barred red body ambilobe) finally laid 25 eggs on 3/11/2007. :D

Attachments

• Hanabi Laid Eggs 01.jpg
    Hanabi Laid Eggs 01.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 222
i don't think i could wait that long, i would have to preoccupy myself with something else. Like maybe getting my retfs ready to breeds.

Hey Tyler,
These eggs are from Rekka (Cyclops Son) and Hanabi (Seth Daughter)....
Hmm..........this is my first time breeding panther....u said 10 months. OMG...thats is going to take a while!!!!

That should be a really nice combination... Do yourself a favor, ignore them for the first 6 months. If you don't, you'll drive yourself crazy...

I just had breakfast with Matt Jillson on Sunday morning (the guy that produced the Cyclops male), I was down in San Diego over the weekend. Came home broke with a mean sunburn.

Last edited:
Tyler.....when you said ignore...........u mean just leave be...don't touch them, dont look at them or anything?? add in water when needed and thats it?
Cool........i love San Diego... I will try to get myself a job there and then move there.... I love the scenery!!

Tyler.....when you said ignore...........u mean just leave be...don't touch them, dont look at them or anything?? add in water when needed and thats it?
Cool........i love San Diego... I will try to get myself a job there and then move there.... I love the scenery!!

Personally, I keep them sealed, and almost never open them besides when they're getting close to hatching to get a better look at them. You'll want to check them once a week for the first month in case any of them go bad (infertile), but between month 2 and 6, nothing really happens, and the more you mess with them, the more you're going to think something is wrong or bump them in the wrong way. Keeping them sealed will prevent fluctuations in humidity, temps, light, etc. Just weigh the entire container before sticking it into the closet, and weigh it randomly every once in a while.... If it's getting lighter, add just enough water to keep the weight the same. My containers don't lose weight at all, so I don't really bother weighing them unless I see eggs denting in (means they're dry). That almost never happens either.

Hey Tyler,
In what incubation temperature do you kept your eggs in? I kept mine at 22 Celcious in the day and 18 at night or should i kept them in more extreme like 26 to 28 celcious?

Ideally, I try to keep them in the low 70's, but they get down to 68-69 at night in the winter, and up to maybe 77-78 on hot summer days. I have a cool end of my house here in Vegas that stays in the 70's all summer, since the A/C has a hard time keeping up in the rest of my house when it's 115+ outside.

Please do enjoy the beauty unfold in the next steps to becoming a serogate father to several baby Panthers!

Back
Top Bottom