Panthers and vegitation

Highway61

Chameleon Enthusiast
I know Vields have an appetite for greens but this morning I found my 5 month Panther boy grazing on a ficus leaf! He has plenty of dubias but I haven't gotten him any crickets in a week so maybe he's choosing greens over roaches? I've had him since last June and never witnessed this until now. Never saw it with my Jacksons.

1633621596310.png

I was lucky to even get one, crappy pic before he flipped as he always does

1633621669151.png

My panthers only eat leaves when they accidentally rip them off trying to nab a bug. They look disgusted by the salad, so I dont think its by choice on their part!
I forget the term, but in some animals, there are behaviors that once begun must be continued through completion. IDK if chameleons have any of those, but it wouldn't surprise me either. My beardie did basically the same thing the other day; he was eating his bugs and accidentally got a piece of salad (which he usually spits out—ptui!) but this time he ate it completely before continuing with his crunchy bug-fest.

Highway61 did he actually eat the leaf, just take a bite, or just hang onto it?
My panther is a force of destruction among his plants, but from beating up on them, tearing leaves off (and dropping them), or climbing on thin weak branches/leaves that break off.

Highway61 did he actually eat the leaf, just take a bite, or just hang onto it?
My panther is a force of destruction among his plants, but from beating up on them, tearing leaves off (and dropping them), or climbing on thin weak branches/leaves that break off.
It was early in the morning when I saw him with the leaf hanging out of his mouth and that's all I saw. But if I had to guess what happened, he launched his tongue on a ficus leaf where a BSF was perched. He loves eating those little flies! When I pulled what was left of the leaf out of his mouth he didn't give it up easy, I had to tug a bit.

funny😂😂 they definetly have personality.....some of my young juveniles bite on branches and an occasional leaf....normally shooting a tongue at a bug on the leaf and in goes part o the leaf...

Back
Top Bottom