panther wanting to escape

Well if he belines to the floor it’s probably because he doesn’t feel safe all the way on the floor, and he wants to get to where he wants as soon as possible.

Actually most recently I've caught him trying to go to the floor because he thinks or speckled colored carpet is loaded with bugs (our carpet has different colors). He doesn't beline to run across the floor, he belines down the tree because he knows I won't LET him on the floor! lol I would let him go for it if I weren't worried about the cat.

Up to you of course but if it were me, I'd take a jigsaw and cut out a good part of the top and put a mesh there. The lights can go on top of it and the air flow improves.

Nothing wrong with how you are gut loading, just that what using isn't the best. Like a lot of things, variety is good also.

Have a look at some of the other recent posts and you'll find the pics I was referring to. Theres lighting, gut loading and supplements.

I'd be interested to know if he likes being out and free ranging.

Up to you of course but if it were me, I'd take a jigsaw and cut out a good part of the top and put a mesh there. The lights can go on top of it and the air flow improves.

Nothing wrong with how you are gut loading, just that what using isn't the best. Like a lot of things, variety is good also.

Have a look at some of the other recent posts and you'll find the pics I was referring to. Theres lighting, gut loading and supplements.

I'd be interested to know if he likes being out and free ranging.
hi their how do i regulate the heat and light if i just go for a basking spot ie if i run it through a thermostat will it turn off the light as it hits the temperature also how do iregulate at night ?

hi their how do i regulate the heat and light if i just go for a basking spot ie if i run it through a thermostat will it turn off the light as it hits the temperature also how do iregulate at night ?
I would ALWAYS say that a thermostat is a MUST. (We would see far less burns if everyone used them). You stat probe should be placed at the basking spot. Most stats are dimming so will dim or brighten to maintain the temp at that spot. The stat is on the lighting timer to keep the 12 on 12 off schedule. I also place my digital thermometer probes alongside the stat probe to monitor the temp as you can't 100% trust that the temp dial on the stat is going to be accurate. I also have 2 other digital thermometers, 1 at mid point, 1 at coolest point.

If you do need additional heat at night, then use the ceramic heat emitter you have. Unfortunately that will need a second stat and have the temps on that set to a comfortable night time temp. That one would be on a timer for the opposite 12 off 12 on.

I've never needed any additional night time heat. The wife likes the heating on. In fact I have to turn the radiator down in the reptile room or it won't drop enough. Given there's 6 setups in that room, it gets warm in there.

Please make sure there's no chance of the cham getting close enough to any heat source that it can get burnt.

Hope that makes sense.

I would ALWAYS say that a thermostat is a MUST. (We would see far less burns if everyone used them). You stat probe should be placed at the basking spot. Most stats are dimming so will dim or brighten to maintain the temp at that spot. The stat is on the lighting timer to keep the 12 on 12 off schedule. I also place my digital thermometer probes alongside the stat probe to monitor the temp as you can't 100% trust that the temp dial on the stat is going to be accurate. I also have 2 other digital thermometers, 1 at mid point, 1 at coolest point.

If you do need additional heat at night, then use the ceramic heat emitter you have. Unfortunately that will need a second stat and have the temps on that set to a comfortable night time temp. That one would be on a timer for the opposite 12 off 12 on.

I've never needed any additional night time heat. The wife likes the heating on. In fact I have to turn the radiator down in the reptile room or it won't drop enough. Given there's 6 setups in that room, it gets warm in there.

Please make sure there's no chance of the cham getting close enough to any heat source that it can get burnt.

Hope that makes sense.
yes pal it makes sense my wifes the same she would be cold in the devils kitchen lol

yes pal it makes sense my wifes the same she would be cold in the devils kitchen lol
so if i take the bulb out of what i have now and replaced it with one of the bulbs that is recomended on the page you sent me it should regulate the heat that i require the housetemperature in never cold as the bulb setup now is on a thermostat?

so if i take the bulb out of what i have now and replaced it with one of the bulbs that is recomended on the page you sent me it should regulate the heat that i require the housetemperature in never cold as the bulb setup now is on a thermostat?
The 'bulb' you have in your picture is actually a ceramic heat emitter. A lot of people here use old fashioned household incandescent light bulbs, which the EU saw fit to virtually ban for us. A 75 or 100 watt reptile spot lamp will fit the bill. Usually about a fiver. Don't bother with reds, blues or any other colours, just a plain spot light is best.

Have you any way of checking the lowest overnight temperature in the room he's in? As long as it's within the night time range, you won't need additional heat at night anyway. It's only needed if temps get too low.

EDIT...
I just re read your post. Do you have thermostat for your heater now? I assume you do because earlier you said it turned off when it goes dark. This is a feature called Nite Eye found on Micro Climate thermostats.

The 'bulb' you have in your picture is actually a ceramic heat emitter. A lot of people here use old fashioned household incandescent light bulbs, which the EU saw fit to virtually ban for us. A 75 or 100 watt reptile spot lamp will fit the bill. Usually about a fiver. Don't bother with reds, blues or any other colours, just a plain spot light is best.

Have you any way of checking the lowest overnight temperature in the room he's in? As long as it's within the night time range, you won't need additional heat at night anyway. It's only needed if temps get too low.

EDIT...
I just re read your post. Do you have thermostat for your heater now? I assume you do because earlier you said it turned off when it goes dark. This is a feature called Nite Eye found on Micro Climate thermostats.
yes i have a thermostat for the heater and its a micro climate and i have a household thermostat in his room that keeps temp at least 18

i also am taking your advice and cutting the top off and replacing with mesh to keep lights away from him thanks

Back
Top Bottom