panther wanting to escape

hi guys i have a 5 month old blue bar who in the last few days has been trying to escape at the bottom of its viv any advice would be great thanks

hi guys i have a 5 month old blue bar who in the last few days has been trying to escape at the bottom of its viv any advice would be great thanks
Hi Andrew,
There are tons of reasons this could be happening.

Male or Female?

I have one that wants to be out free ranging all the time. When I walk in, he almost throws himself down to get out to me. Will he come to you if you open the cage or just try to leg it?

It could also be something he's trying to get away from so it would help if you can post pics of his setup and fill in the form as it could be a husbandry issue. If it's a she, it could also be looking to lay even though only 5 months.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

thanks for your reply he is a male and he has only do it for the last couple of days he eats well poo is white has just shed when i open the viv he just watches me he hand feeds good as well cant download the form

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

hi pal i answered all of those questions in the health part of the forum i am not great on computers so i cant paste it to this part sorry

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

Hi Andrew,

We need answers, even if you have to type out individually. Also add pictures by clicking on 'attach files' and choosing the images to upload.

I'm just starting early shifts at work but there's plenty of great folk here that have experience that can help you out if I don't get straight back to you, but all of us need the basics to work with.

Chameleon Info:

Cage Info:

--------------

Please Note:
hopefully
Chameleon Info:

Cage Info:

--------------

Please Note:
hopefully this will get through
GEORGE IS A HE 5 MONTH OLD BLUE BAR BEEN WITH ME 4 WEEKS
I ONLY HANDLE HIM ONCE A WEEK
I FEED HIM CRICKETS AND LOCUSTS FIRST THING IN THE MORNING GUT LOADING CARROTS KAIL OR APPLES
I USE EXO TERRARUM SUPPLEMENTS CALCIUM CALCIUM D3 AND MULTIVITS CALCIUM EVERY DAY
THE OTHER 2 TWICE A MONTH
I SPRAY 3 TIMES A DAY AND RUN A BIG DRIPPER MOST OF THE DAY
HIS POOS ARE REGULAR AND WHITE ENDS
NO HISTORY AND NO TESTS
CAGE IS TIMBER SIDES WITH VENTS AND A GLASS DOOR 24 X 36 X 54
LIGHTING IS EXO TERRARIA HEAT LAMP AND STRIP UV LIGHT 12 ON AND 12 OFF HEAT LAMP GOES DOWN ON LIGHT SENS0R
HEATING MID CAGE 75 BASKING 85-90 OVERNIGHT DOWN TO 50 HAVE 2 THERMOMETERS
HUMIDITY BETWEEN 70 -80 HAVE A HYGROMETER
I HAVE 2 POTHOS PLANTS AND A FEW FAKE LOADS OF CLIMBERS
THE CAGE IS IN THE LIVING ROOM IN CORNER 6 FOOT OFF OF THE FLOOR
I LIVE IN NOTTINGHAM ENGLANDHE IS ACTIVE AND COLOURFULL AT THE MOMENT RUBBING HIMSELF AND COMING TO THE DOOR PAWING AT IT ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

hopefully

hopefully this will get through
GEORGE IS A HE 5 MONTH OLD BLUE BAR BEEN WITH ME 4 WEEKS
I ONLY HANDLE HIM ONCE A WEEK
I FEED HIM CRICKETS AND LOCUSTS FIRST THING IN THE MORNING GUT LOADING CARROTS KAIL OR APPLES
I USE EXO TERRARUM SUPPLEMENTS CALCIUM CALCIUM D3 AND MULTIVITS CALCIUM EVERY DAY
THE OTHER 2 TWICE A MONTH
I SPRAY 3 TIMES A DAY AND RUN A BIG DRIPPER MOST OF THE DAY
HIS POOS ARE REGULAR AND WHITE ENDS
NO HISTORY AND NO TESTS
CAGE IS TIMBER SIDES WITH VENTS AND A GLASS DOOR 24 X 36 X 54

LIGHTING IS EXO TERRARIA HEAT LAMP AND STRIP UV LIGHT 12 ON AND 12 OFF HEAT LAMP GOES DOWN ON LIGHT SENS0R
HEATING MID CAGE 75 BASKING 85-90 OVERNIGHT DOWN TO 50 HAVE 2 THERMOMETERS
HUMIDITY BETWEEN 70 -80 HAVE A HYGROMETER
I HAVE 2 POTHOS PLANTS AND A FEW FAKE LOADS OF CLIMBERS
THE CAGE IS IN THE LIVING ROOM IN CORNER 6 FOOT OFF OF THE FLOOR
I LIVE IN NOTTINGHAM ENGLANDHE IS ACTIVE AND COLOURFULL AT THE MOMENT RUBBING HIMSELF AND COMING TO THE DOOR PAWING AT IT ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

You got there Andrew. I'm in my pit, up at 0300. If you can get some pics as well please. There are a couple of things I'd like to clarify but now isn't a good time, I need Zzz's.

You got there Andrew. I'm in my pit, up at 0300. If you can get some pics as well please. There are a couple of things I'd like to clarify but now isn't a good time, I need Zzz's.
GOOD NIGHT AND THANKS

Chill Camo.
OUCH THAT HURT NOT ALL OF US WORK WITH COMPUTERS I BUILD RESERVOIRS SO NO NEED FOR A KEYBOARD LOL
Just giving you a hard time. Internet sarcasm goes on deaf ears sometimes...
So your only concern is he wants to come out of his cage? Looks like everything you're doing is good so far. The night drop of 50 is a little low for a Panther in my opinion. Maybe you just have a friendly guy who just wants to come out? Maybe there's an issue with the Viv? We definitely need pictures if you can post them.

Back
Top Bottom