Panther Mentor Needed

ChamFreak

Avid Member
Well, it was very nicely mentioned that I could use a mentor. I could not agree more. I find myself asking a lot of questions and I am trying to prepare for a breeding project I have always dreamed about. I have been a keeper now since 2005 and member here. I have everyday care under control. I feel when it comes to the breeding I am not nearly as savy. I have spoke 1 on 1 with many folks over the years here and have always had a positive result. What I purpose is this, over the next year I really plan to kick this in to high gear. I have land, buildings, time and money. I am going to give this a fair shot of what my dreams and passion have been since the first time I saw a chameleon and fell in love. I really want to be a known breeder with quality chams and great service. I know a lot of you are busy and I appreciate that, what I need is the ability to call or text someone who has knowledge with the whole package. I need a mentor, and I can tell you what I can do is repay the favor in the future if it's mentoring someone else and I would be glad to give you first pick of one my clutches when they arrive. So this favor will be paid. I would prefer someone in the South East for I live in South Carolina, would be helpful to see how its done and this way it would be someone close to me. This favor would help me out a lot and save readers time, I will consider this a huge ask and I will do all I can to repay what is given to me.

If this is something you would like to help with, please let me know. I really want to do this perfect and I want to respect what I am doing as well.

I really hope I am not left hanging after putting myself out there, I have to try

Shawn

I think it is great to see you doing your research and asking for help before just jumping. I see posts all the time where people are already trying to breed but don't seem to know what they are doing... which seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Are there any books on breeding?

Yes there is. I own 5 of them. I have this disorder where I act instead of think then act ;) so I am always asking a lot of questions. I guess it tends to get annoying. I always find my answers, but then I look at the date and see its years old. So then I ask myself, is there new information? cham keeping has evolved and I am trying to make sure the information I have is current. I do research, all the time. I really think I am ready but I find myself needing to know the little stuff

That is awesome that you have the passion to take it to an even greater level! And, having the place, time, and money helps too. I cannot help, I am a newbee in all aspects but I have the passion for it for sure. I Hope you find someone close.

Yes there is. I own 5 of them. I have this disorder where I act instead of think then act ;) so I am always asking a lot of questions. I guess it tends to get annoying. I always find my answers, but then I look at the date and see its years old. So then I ask myself, is there new information? cham keeping has evolved and I am trying to make sure the information I have is current. I do research, all the time. I really think I am ready but I find myself needing to know the little stuff
Yeah I am constantly using the search function too on here but then I see how old the thread is and with how much the hobby has changed in the last 5 years I worry if it is out dated as well. :(

Good for you, I don’t think the hobby is out dated as long as there are a “new member” post like mine lol. I plan on one day breeding panthers myself and I too have lots of questions. I hope the best for you my friend and I hope you find a AWESOME mentor!!

Back
Top Bottom